TN: Jaffurs Roussanne '05...(short/boring)

Tried the other Jaffurs white last night:

1. Jaffurs Roussanne SantaBarbaraCnty (13.2%) 2005: Light gold/bit burnished bronze color; some nutty/toasted hazelnuts/no oxidation strong honeyed/honeysuckle/Rouss light toasty/oak/smokey mature Rouss rather complex nose; soft rich/lush some nutty/toasted hazelnuts strong honeyed/honeysuckle/Rouss bit toasty/caramel/oak fairly complex finish; very long/lingering quite honey/honeycomb/honeysuckle/Rouss/bit orangy light nutty/toasted hazelnuts complex finish; a beautiful fully-mature Rouss w/ no signs of oxidation at all.

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. The cork on this btl came out fully intact. So the Viog '05 may have been compromised by a fault cork.
    Tom

Impressive.

Jason

As a long time fan and original supporter upon first release, I`ve always been enamoured by the wines Craig crafted. I did not find it unusual for this one to have no oxidative character as they all have held up beautifully.

Thanks for the note, Tom!!

It’s too bad that we don’t hear more about domestic Roussannes and Marsannes with some age on them.

I’ve recently had older Qupes, Tablas Creeks, Albans, and Copains (from James Berry Vyd) with 8+ years of age and they have almost all been stunners (other than one corked Copain!!!).

I have not had any aged Stolpmans - curious. Anyone?

Cheers.

Larry: I’ve had the 08 Stolpmans and they are drinking great. That was a case buy for me and I wish I’d bought two cases. I like them a little better than the Alban and Tablas; have not had any older Qupes. Totally agree on the appeal of these wines.

Was this the L’Avion or the Roussanne? Also, do you know when they stopped putting Sauvignon Blanc in?

It’s the L’Avion…and no I don’t know on the sb issue. Some of the Tablas versions may have changed a bit over the years, also, as have their blends.

Had an '05 Qupe Roussanne earlier this year with a few WB’s. Sounds similar to this Jaffurs. WOTN that day.

Tom, would you say you got any honey notes on this wine?