The Official MacDonald Waitlist Thread

Watching the MACDONALD Incoming! thread devolve into utter nonsense, I thought to start a thread that allows one to track wait list times and price increases over the years. I don’t want any silliness here, keep it straight and to the point. Unless you’ve given one of the brothers MacDonald a return reach-around for the reach-around received prior to the round of gold you played with him earlier that morning, all I want to know is:

1. What is the date you signed up for the waitlist (search your email for the confirmation, it will be provided there).

2. When were you offered your first allocation?

3. What was the cost per bottle of said allocation.

That’s it.

1. What is the date you signed up for the waitlist: 2/15/2016

2. When were you offered your first allocation? – still waitlisted

3. What was the cost per bottle of said allocation. – n/a

1. What is the date you signed up for the waitlist: 10/15/2015

I signed up on 11/09/2014 and was offered 3 bottles of their 2014 vintage yesterday. Cost is $165/bottle.

Seriously, I think we should have some sort of pay it forward “MacDonald Retrospective” offline in New York to spread the good word. The words “cult wine” get tosses around a bit too often these days, but I think the two current “cults” are MacDonald and Scholium, and even Scholium is becoming a bit more mainstream since I see it on restaurant lists.

1. What is the date you signed up for the waitlist: 1/6/2015

I signed up in the middle of 2016. Nothing so far (to be expected).

Signed up early 2013.

Found my offer in my spam folder last year for the 2013 Cabs. But too late

Received offer on second tier in 2017 and bought them.

$187 per with tax and delivery.

Seems like a three year wait minimum.

1. Signed up 3/2/13.
  2. Offered the '10 on 10/17/13.
  3. A 3 pack for $450.

9/25/15
No offers yet

3/30/16, no offers yet

Plus a couple others you don’t know the name of yet neener

I signed up in October 2013 and was offered wine this week for the first time at $165/bottle.

FIFY

Could have SWORN I signed up over a year ago after hearing a podcast interview with Graeme, but alas, no email to confirm. Signed up today.

I bet the 2018 vintage will be great! [wink.gif]

Only a 3 year wait?

They got a loooog way to catch SQN and SE…

Congratulations on becoming the Control for this experiment.

I wouldnt count on that. It may have been that 3 or 4 years ago but not anymore. I beleive there are about 3,000 on the waiting list. Additional production could have added around 200 new list members this release and figure little attrition. Someone who signed up this year could be looking at a decade or more wait unless production increases dramatically.

Signed up summer 2013. Just got my first offer. All in.