Wine Freedom

Gentlemen & Ladies:

I wanted to let you know that the National Association of Wine Retailers and other groups are working to create a nationwide coalition of wine consumers willing to contact lawmakers when retailer wine shipping issues are under consideration.

Think of it as Free the Grapes for consumers who buy wine from retailers. Free the Grapes very rarely takes on retailer shipping issues.

In 2018 there will be bills that make retailer shipping introduced in NY, MA, CT, RI, and AL. And we have our sights set on finding a sympathetic lawmaker in IL and NJ also.

However, we are building our list of consumers.

IF YOU WANT ALERTS OF ACTIVE RETAILER SHIPPING ISSUES AND A REGULAR NEWSLETTER ON THE SUBJECT JUST SIGN UP HERE AT WINEFREEDOM(dot)ORG: https://www.winefreedom.org/alert-sign-up-2/

Additionally, NAWR is supporting lawsuits currently in IL and MI. And it is likely a lawsuit will be filed against the state of MO soon too.

Thanks,
Tom…

Great idea. Signed up. I’m always active in writing about these issues to my state legislators. Thanks for your stalwart spearheading of this noble effort, Tom.

Tom,

Thanks. NAWR can lobby, work with media, support lawsuits and lay out the funds necessary. But the fact is, in this particular political battle consumers win only if consumers are involved. It’s a pretty simple equation.

signed up about a week ago after Elizabeth Snyder posted about it! hope this ball gets rolling well. Let me know if you need anything happening in SC or want to get in touch with a wine-sympathetic state legislator!

Matt:

Thanks very much for the involvement and offer. Please see your Private Message.

Tom…

Signed up. Thanks for letting me know. We here in MA need all the help we can get!

Scott

Thanks Scott. You’re going to get that help. There is currently a good bill in MA that you can read about here: Mailing List - Wine Freedom

The Wierd thing about Mass is that not only to they ban consumers from receiving shipments from out-of-state retailers, they also ban in-state retailers from shipping out-of-state. That’s unusual. This bill mentioned about would fix both those problems.

Tom…

I think it was a 2006 Supreme Court decision that enforced reciprocity on states. If state A allows shipping out to state B, then it must allow state B to ship back into state A. Something along those lines.