TN: 2010 Evesham Wood Les Puit Sec PN

Two prior bottles were puzzling with an almost shrill acidity. Now 2 years later this bottle was stunning. Absolutely beautiful nose of savory red fruits and spice. In the zone with pretty fruit just starting to lean more secondary and savory. Long length and very nice texture. One of my WOTY. Brilliant effort Erin.

Yep, seems like a case that some of the best wines need a little more time & patience than many of us are used to. I know I had a similar experience maybe 3-4 years ago with an 08 Cameron…it just needed time. Thanks for sharing your note! It sounds like a great wine…

Wow. That is awesome. And that wine was a complete steal.

Jason

I auctioned 2 bottles of 1998 Duhart Milon at K and L and put the proceeds and some cash toward a case of the 2010 and yes it was a deal. It was singing like a soprano yesterday.

I really like the wine from that vineyard. I just purchased some 2015 Le Puits Sec (as well as the cuvee J from the same vineyard). I find it hard to keep my hands off them for more than a few years though.

I have 1 bottle of 20008 Cuvee J. One of these years I will pop it open.

I need to head to my locker as I think it is time to check in on my 2004s. Will post reports.

Jason

Hope you brought a sports almanac back from then as well.

Would think the Willamette Valley would be much to warm for Pinot 18,000 years in the future. Good to know it’s keeping strong.

Had an 06 and 08 LPS Thursday. Both were beautiful and the 08 was surprisingly showy.

The 2011 is fantastic. Elegant, earthy and delicious.

Started drinking the 08 LPSs over the past year. Great to hear about the '10!

RT

I haven’t opened any '08’s in a long time. It sounds like its time to start.

Another 2010 stunner last night. Almost Volnay like.

I should mention the bouquet was full of roses. Very pretty.

For some reason I have often found EW wines do this for a time; show very acidic and not much else, only to reemerge wonderfully later. Even in vintages where it wouldn’t be expected. Excellent wines and great values, I’ve learned to just wait them out if they’re in that stage.