Wine Tracking Spreadsheet

Does anyone have a useful and convenient tracking spreadsheet that they use to keep track of the bottles they have on hand vs in storage (besides cellartracker)?

I like cellartracker but I’m noticing it doesn’t always remove bottles that have been consumed from my list which annoys me. I’m also wondering if anyone just has something else that might be easier to navigate

EDIT: figured out the issue. Thanks everyone!

Sounds like a CellarTracker user issue to me.

+1

definitely a user error.

its definitely a possibility, I won’t deny that. I’ve tried removing/drinking bottles several different ways and it seems right. Also, seems to only happen on the app, not on the website version.

I’m also just curious what other things people might have cooked up for themselves though. Like I mentioned, I like cellartracker, but I also like options. haha

I think you aren’t making that last step of clicking on consumed .

I use Cellartracker both on the app and website, and I’ve had no issues like what you’re describing. There is no better alternative, and I can’t even imagine how anything could be much better at this point.

I’ve made that mistake. More than once.

especially if i’m consuming while trying to click consume :smiley:

I moved from spreadsheets to cellar tracker and wouldn’t consider moving back. I agree with others that the issue seems to be ‘wetware’ (that old joke seems particularly apropos in this scenario).

I have noticed the app doesn’t immediately remove it from the web version. I assume that is just normal lag time between the app and the web site updating with each other.

I’ve had no issues removing bottles using the app.

post on the support forum with some specifics. Erik and team are very fast to respond and solve almost any issue.

I use the app all the time for this and never seen any issue or any latency.

I routinely use desktop web to add bottles and then go back seconds latter and add pictures and barcodes even after creating new wines or new vintages and they are always there within seconds.

Honestly this sounds like a user error in the GUI but the CT team can help…

Sean

PICNIC

(Problem in chair, not in computer) [wink.gif]

Matt, is the removal issue the only reason you are looking for other options? CT offers just about everything you could possibly want to catalog your collection.

You’re not alone

http://www.cellartracker.com/forum/tm.asp?m=131463&mpage=1&key=suck