Bottle you enjoyed most fequently in 2017

For us in 2017 it was definitely Scholium Project 2009 Babylon from Tenbrick vineyard. Abe had a stupendous cellar door sale back in June 2016 and we came home with a case. I have reloaded twice since via the secondary market. Easily the most approachable young Babylon and this wine just has a very high delicious factor.

Combine this wine with our ceaseless rain this past winter/spring and it was like an endless Petite Sirah season here on the southern Oregon coast. We drank about a case and lots of that with local grass-fed beef. Thankfully this is getting more & more plentiful here in Oregon, sadly our Babylon inventory is going in the opposite direction!

What did you burn through most frequently in 2017?

2015 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon Les Granges. Super easy drinking, even though it’s far too young.

Sones Cellars - White Hedgehog. Blend of 75% Chennin Blanc and I forgot what the other 25% is. Fruity, dry, crisp and not Chardonnay (which I drink lots of too). Its left overs for club members at $10/bottle. We consumed more of this than anything else in 2017. Followed by Navarro Chard and Burrell School Pinot Noir.

Sean

Zero trends for me in 2017. There was no single wine where I drank more than 2 bottles in 2017. There were about 40 wines where I had it twice, but that was it.

Most consumed wineries were Dönnhoff and Edmunds St. John, with Idlewild, Enfield and D&R close behind.

This, except the even better 2014 version. Went through a case lickety-split. Just got in the higher-end cuvees and wow I’ll have a hard time not touching all of them! These are re-load wines. Buying the 2015s now.

Went through a boat-load of 2015 Prum Kabs as well.

These were regular dinner wines.

For me it was a tie between 2015 Cameron DH Chardonnay and 2015 Goodfellow WV Chardonnay. We went through a couple cases of each.

Maybe the 2014 Charvin Cotes du Rhone. I kept schlepping across town for more. Structured, fresh, with a lot of depth.

I’m with David. I don’t often drink multiple bottles of the same wine, but I did have top producers with close to double digit bottles consumed: Dirty & Rowdy, Donnhoff, Drouhin, Ampeau, Yvon Metras, and Julie Balagny.

Bucklin Ancient Field Blend, Old Hill Ranch.

'14 Lauer Barrel X (Riesling); '14 Pepiere Muscadet; '10 Texier CdR; '12 ESJ Rocks & Gravel. Bottles, not cases.

Egly Ouriet Brut Champagne Grand Cru NV.

A Goldilocks champagne for me – not too vinous, not too screechy. LOVE the ginger notes in this wine. Somm gave me good tip – decant a bit and let it breathe.

According to CT the single bottle I drank the most was:

2014 R2 Wine Company Pinot Noir Black Pine (15 of them) They were $16 from Last Bottle and picked up 18 of them. We burned through almost all of them for the weekday drinker this year

drank (12) bottles of various Epoch wines this year. I don’t think anymore than two of the same though

Count me in with David and Dennis: no bottles I had twice in a year, as repetition is the mother of boredom. Ooops, I Did have a 2009 Dauvissat Forets 2x, just because one I had seemed a bit oxed to me, so I opened another only about a month apart, but I wouldn’t say that behavior is typical.

Thanks to our never ending heat wave here in So Cal we have been burning through our stock of 2013 Jean Foillard Morgon Côte du Py.

More than a case each of 2012 Faury St. Joseph VV, 2014 Passopisciaro Passorosso, 2013 Hatzidakis Assyrtiko, 2015 Santorini Sigalas Assyrtiko. House wines.

In the summer, we tend to open lesser wines and certainly nothing too serious, so that impacts the #'s as I’m good having a few inexpensive stand-by’s for us or our guests.
So, we went through six packs of '16 Crios Susana Torrontes (delicious inexpensive salad/ fish/ summer wine) all consumed in late June, July & August. Also 6 "15 Loosen MSR Rieslings which we both love with spicy Thai/ Vietnamese food and 2 of our friends love.

Then 4 of
'14 Drouhin Macon Les Clos.
'12 Santa Duc CdR VV, 3 of which were during 1 party.

1’s & 2’s the rest of the year.

Red: 2015 Produttori Lange Nebbiolo
White: 2015 Merkelbach Urziger Wurzgarten Riesling Spatlese

2014 Bevan Ontogeny. Delicious stuff!

2013 Schloss Gobelsburg Riesling Reserve Gaisberg

A beautiful half-case auction-steal, ripped through at lightning speed.

2015 Guigal Côtes du Rhône, Blanc. Bought 15 bottles and drank all of them. At $13 this is likely the best QPR I’ve had in a long long time.