TN: 2012 Under The Wire Sparkling Zinfandel, Bedrock Vineyar

We thought this was good, not great last night. Very pretty translucent reddish/pink color and a nose that resembles a light zinfandel. On the palate this was all savory strawberries, minerals, and iron, with a very dry, almost ‘tart’ finish, which neither my wife nor I loved. Fairly enjoyable but nothing I would look to backfill. Definutley drink now as I feel the fruit is already fading.
20171220_165543.jpg

I took a pass on these with memories of sparkling Shiraz still fresh even after 10 years. These look much lighter than those Aussies, but I have a hard time with fizzy reds.

Yep I hear you on that. Grabbed a couple of these as it was the first Under the Wire release and I’m a big Bedrock fan, but wasn’t blown away with either bottle. 1st one a couple years ago was probably better actually.

I’ll continue to buy the chards/pinots but probably not the sparkling zin if they offer it again.

I bought some of these on initial release. Was hoping for more of a Lambrusco style, but they are not that for sure. I didn’t rebuy.

This wine on release was really gorgeous, like eating fresh strawberries while sitting in a rose garden. Then it went through a pink bubble-gum flavor phase, then the fruit shut down. I don’t know if it comes out the other end as anything interesting. I make it my policy to drink them young.

That description is suprisingly similar to how I would describe the rose as well, almost like a still red wine with bubbles. I have the recent sparkling zin that was just released and haven’t tried it yet, but if it’s more of the same I’ll likely stick to the BDB and BDN moving forward.

Thanks for the TN, Rich!

I bought the Under the Wire Sparkling Pinot Rosé last year and drank it for New Year’s Eve. It was a fun, lip-smackingly tart sparkling wine. I assumed that I drank it too early, but Chris at UtW suggested early PnP enjoyment.

I believe that the collective expectations of these wines is on par with the quality level of Bedrock Wine Company releases, but I feel like they are either supposed to be simple, joyful fizzies, or early experiments towards more serious results.

I have to confess I’m drinking the 2013 right now and it’s delicious. This is nothing like the Rose that I had previously which showed fruit that was rather stewed. This is fesh and lively and the red fruit plays its part nicely in the mix. If these are this good consistently I will absolutely buy more in the future.

Didnt get the Zin but i had the 2012 Brousseau Vineyard a few nights ago and it was bay far the best bottle to date. really coming into its own