PSA 2014 Chablis Sale

Passionvines (a retailer with whom I have not done business before) sent out an email blast today for 2014 Louis Michel 1er Montmains for $15.99. So while I don’t really need any more wine and Christmas spending is already hurting, I’m a big fan of 2014 Chablis, so Montmains at better pricing than almost any villages seemed too hard to pass up.

FYI, their shipping prices are the worst I’ve ever seen.
$67 to FL from NJ. Ground.
Sort of destroys a very nice bargain.
Best, jim

That is extremely high, but is also kind of baffling. It was $21 for six to Missouri. That’s fairly standard I’d say.

Thanks, that’s a great price! Snagged some. The Vaillons at 21.99 is good, too.

Interesting! The website even says $15.99…tempting!

Cheers!
Marshall

Took down a case…

Oops, you’re right Marshall, $15.99 not $16.99. I’ve corrected the original as well.

Those are sweep 'em prices on the Mountains and Vaillons, and the Butteaux VV at $33.99 ain’t bad. I have drunk each of 2014 Michel cuvees several times and there is not a blemish to be found. (I sell them.)

took a 6 pack thx

Is this still going or is it sold out?

Thanks for the experienced opinion Martin. I may need to go back for some Vaillons.

I think it was a one day sale on the Montmains, and it doesn’t appear on the website so it’s probably sold out, but the Vaillons and Butteaux do. Those prices were not a part of the sale, just good prices.

Thanks

It’s more expensive, butteaux so delicious.

Nicely played, Chris. You Montmains!

[cheers.gif]

but that bottle is my least fave '14 from L Michel (at this point). I find it a little too fat, and out of balance.
I LOVE the Forêts.

I also picked up 6 more of the Montmains on this offer.

they still have carillon 1er cru puligny for <$50 per!

Bought two cases of this to add to the 18 bottles I already had along with 18 of the Vaillons. To my taste the 1ers from Michel are the following order from best to worst, with worst still being very nice. Forets, MdT (needs time), Vaillons, Montmains, Butteaux. They also show exactly as they should - they are fantastic examples of each vineyard.

IME, 8-12 hours in the decanter does wonders for young Montee de Tonnerre. Otherwise, yeah, needs time.

I’ll try that one the next - I have several 375s so that seems like a personal opportunity!