TN: 2002 Hudelot-Noellat Chambolle-Musigny

2002 Hudelot-Noellat Chambolle-Musigny

First time ever to check in on this cellared-since-release 2002. Layers of red fruit, with slight earthy tones, and a good touch of spiciness. Drinking well, with probably a few more years to continue at same level. Great value for what I may have originally purchased for <$30. In true Burgundy rating tradition, a solid, pound-the-table 89!

0B5378A1-EEBD-4BE0-BEFA-5BA84A310A84.jpeg

Nice! I have a few older vintages of their wines that I haven’t tried yet…

Same here with some older H-Ns stashed offsite. The 2002 above was my first foray in to the vintage since their release stage and made me a little more excited about the rest.

TN: 2002 Hudelot-Noellat Chambolle-Musigny
5/29/2020

Wet hay, smoky, countryside dung, and Eucalyptus nose.
Sour cherries, apropos acidity, vegetable broth, delicious restrained sweetness, and sufficient complexity brought by age. Some spice within the lengthy finish.
A village that pleased beyond its class and purchased price point. B+/A-

BA466937-075F-4D60-82CA-2E55C603E9D8.jpeg

Awesome photo Ramon! H-N is one of my favorite Burg producers, but I agree completely bananas pricing nowadays.

Faryan, its still a relative value compared to other producers who’s prices have soared to insane levels. I love his Chambolle village, such a remarkable wine.

I quite strongly disagree, especially for the lower end of the range. I challenge you to find a better Chambolle for ~$65, or a better Vosne villages for ~$75. also HN’s bourgogne is top notch but quite moderately priced.

Thanks, F!
With how well this bottle performed for this long, I find the current going price on this one, as noted by other here, to be reasonable. Also am not worried about sourcing any more as I still have a two-fer to drink up.

On the other hand, I’d probably be very selective of other village-level wines if buying at the current pricing.

preferable to suburban or city?

Fair point, but yes. [cheers.gif]

I live in NYC and our street animal dungs are mostly from rats, occasionally from dogs, and from very few horses pulling the tourist-coaches around Central Park. Very unpleasant given the city’s density on all fronts.

Therein lies the problem.

Then I suggest you don’t buy Burgundy. Not sure what your complaint is, Hudelot-Noellat is a rather good value for the region.