Blogger or Not???

A Blog is short for WebLog. It started out (I think) as folks setting up a Web Site and entering a daily (more or less) log of
their activities. “I got up and brushed my teeth and felt invigorated”…“I missed my bus to work and had to take a taxi”…
“My cat barfed up a hairball on my brand new shirt”…Yada/Yada/Yada. As if anyone cares.

It segued into Wine Blogs…in which some erstwhile/wannabe wine writer sets up a WebSite and periodically writes something
to it…be it a comment on what is a “natural” wine, a criticism of all the 100-pt scores awarded by the latest Parker…or some TN’s
on some wines the wine blogger was sent. Actually, there are a lot of these wine blogs I find impart a lot of useful information.
There are a bunch that I read on a daily/weekly/irregular basis and learn a lot from…or I don’t revisit them very often.

As some of you may have observed, I’m fairly active on a number of wine bulletin boards (WCWN/WLDG/WB mostly).
Mostly it’s just short/boring TN’s. Sometimes it’s just a troll to [stirthepothal.gif] , as DavidBueker often accuses me of.
Sometimes it’s just a ?? to seek information…as is this one.

Oftentimes, a wine friend will introduce me to another person as “This is TomHill/WineBlogger”. Happened three times ystrday.
I am always quick to set the record straight…“No…I am not a wine blogger”. It’s a title I neither deserve nor seek. I’m just
a wine nut and want to leave it at that.

So, my question to all these learned folks on WB:
"If you are an active poster on various wine boards, does that make you a wine blogger".
Just a yes or no will suffice.

Tom

No. Bulletin boards aren’t blogs. Posting on them isn’t blogging.

You’re not a blogger, Tom.
You’re a raconteur, a PITA raconteur, who always keeps his stories short & boring, or long & boring. [cheers.gif]

No.

Pretty much my take on things, too, Robert.
Tom

Tends to be an appellation seldom sought, often imposed…

no. i have a weblog, but seldom resort to it.
i prefer the exchanges on FB, TW, and here with other inmates

No. It’s just old people that don’t understand what a web forum is

No. You are just a person wasting time like the rest of us.

Hmm, if we removed every other poster, and all their posts, except yours, then would it be a blog? Might just be [stirthepothal.gif]

Woke up, got out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, I noticed I was late

“Pundit”

No, but I often get quizzical looks from people who are far removed from the wine scene when I mention a “Wine Board.” Because many times I am mentioning something about sports or music (and why do those things have anything to do with wine? they ask). But still, more questioning looks. So I say, it is sort of like blogging, and they instantly have SOME idea of what I am talking about. Accurate? No. But close enough to get into the conversation? Yes.

Careful, Mr. Fu. With any luck you, too, will become one of us “old people.” The alternative is not as attractive.

Actually, the old people know what a forum is - the young people don’t.

Nope.

I thought it was pronounced “Blobber”

Blogger or not, what wine blogs do you visit regularly/irregularly? If a physicist likes them, they can’t be all bad :wink: [cheers.gif]

Is it me, or does the original post have the feel of a blog entry…? [wink.gif]

…not to mention, it would be so long/boring [stirthepothal.gif]

A prominent winemaker once introduced me as “in influential wine blogger” which I thought was pretty funny, but I instantly denied it.