Total Wine Coupons and Deals

I hear a lot about the 20% coupons at Total Wine. Where would I be able to come across these?
Any other strategies for shopping there? The few times I’ve been there prices have seemed to be a good 10-20% over most good internet retailers.

I will sell you mine.

:wink:

These coupons usually do not apply to wines with a price ending with 7. You guessed it…most of the wines you would be interested in have a price ending with 7. Not a fan of TW. The stores here still do not have the '15 Ridge Geyserville in stock.

There are different coupons/sales in different states. They are sent by email, published in the newspaper and available on the website. In Northern Virginia, where Total started, there is rarely a week without some type of coupon (they’re not always 20%), so I wouldn’t consider shopping there without one.

The coupons can make a big difference in pricing. This weekend I picked up some 2014 Produttori Barbaresco for about 10% less than most good internet retailers, while their regular price is about 10% higher than those retailers.

I think you can get some by just signing up online. I get them occasionally via email.

Total Wine has reasonable prices on many mass market wines. They aren’t great IMO for anything really limited but if there are larger production wines you want to stock up on, can be good deals. Mostly they try to sell you a bunch of direct import/private label mediocre wines.

It’s illegal in Texas to offer a coupon for alcohol, we can’t get em.

If you go to the Total Wine website, search for weekly ad. A list of stores will come up. Pick your store and scroll to the back of the weekly ad and there is a coupon. They vary from store to store and month to month.

As noted they offer discounts in varying categories, some more useful than others. They just had a 20% on their “winery direct” offerings, which includes most of their bdx. The resulting discounts were excellent. Sign up, and make sure you are on their concierge listing

Thanks everyone! I normally wouldn’t go to Total Wine but there seems to be almost nothing available in the Jensen Beach FL area other than Costco perhaps.

E-mail, newspaper and website. I used to get many via email, but since I dropped out of their top tier, I seem to get less. I have bought some really good wines at 20% off; d’Armailhac, Duhart Milon, Leoville Barton, Ridge, Vieux Telegraph and others. Their pricing is a little high on these, until I factor in the 20%, and then it is very attractive.

Google is your friend. I used a 20% off code (for Old World wines) found online when purchasing the remaining bottles of 2014 Barde Haut at one of the Northern Virginia stores last weekend. I don’t make a habit of buying there, but that discount put the purchase price $1 lower than I had seen at another local retailer.

If you find an online code, can you just print it out and bring it? Or do you need to order online and pickup?

I get the coupons because I signed-up for the Membership program (no expense to sign-up or maintain membership).

Overall, their pricing and selection is not great, but they are waaaaay better than BevMo. If you are willing to walk the aisles, and you generally know your stuff, you’ll find many of their wines are priced competitively, and some are priced very well. Once you factor in a 20% off coupon, then some of their pricing becomes the best you’re going to find.

Russ’s point about the coupons not applying to products whose price ends with a “7” is true, but there are plenty of wines you WOULD be interested in buying that the coupons will work for. Example: I just posted about buying some '14 Bdx at TW this past weekend; I was able to use a 20% off coupon on the likes of GPL, Talbot, Les Carmes Haut Brion, Le Dame de Montrose, Malescot St. Exupery, and a couple others. And the pricing I got on all of those was better than anywhere else in town, and in many cases was better than Futures pricing. Hell, the GPL was $48 per bottle. The Talbot and Malescot were $40 each. Les Carmes a couple bucks under $50. Those are crazy-good prices for wines of that caliber. In your hands. Today.

Is TW going to be one-stop shopping for the type of wine geeks who populate this board? Generally, No. But is there an usefulness to including TW among the retailers at which you will shop for wine? Absolutely.

BevMo isn’t even worth driving by, let alone entering. :slight_smile:

Agreed. BevMo is worthless. But to say TW is also worthless is being fairly melodramatic, imo. Is TW the best? No. But are they useful? Yes.

Was looking foward to the one that opened in my town, last year. I registered online, and receive coupons regularly. Just haven’t had much luck finding the wines I want there, at a competitive price. I buy much more across the street at Costco, and at K&L.

Just used that 20% coupon to pick up some more of this:

2014 Figeac
2014 Pichon Lalande
2010 Les Carmes Haut Brion

Helps offset the sticker shock at some of these pricier winds. Heck, with the coupon, my price on the Figeac was less than futures price.

Could’ve saved 8 dollars on the 2014 Pichon-Lalande, I got last week at K&L.

That’s what I am sayin’

Be careful with TW coupons. I’ve gotten their coupons for 15% off at my designated store. However, when I searched for several wines on wine searcher pro, all the other TW stores that showed up were 15% lower than the listed price at my designated store. It happened several times so I stopped looking. It seems they raised the price at my designated store then sent coupons out for that store to bring the price down to the available price at their other stores.