TN: 2013 Betwixt Pinot Noir Helluva Vineyard

• 2013 Betwixt Pinot Noir Helluva Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (2/4/2018)
    Nose opens with soft light cranberries, boysenberries and orange peel. Everything I want in my Anderson Valley Pinot Noir and in the correct proportions. Palate reveals a deftly made wine that has amazing depth, character and presence; lilt in is delivery I find textural nuances that make me smile. Nicely resolved with a balance that seems magical, this really has turned into an amazing wine. Nice red fruits of the aforementioned cranberries, and now with some near ripe strawberries, this has much to offer for such a little cost. If you are a fan of Littorai Les Larmes, this could be for you. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

What was the abv on that Mike? Your note is great, but the boysenberry descriptor gives me pause – it’s a flavor I don’t care for and one that I associate with overripeness.

14.2 %. Not noticing any untoward ripeness.

Thanks for the tasting note, Mike!

I have been hoping to see more TN’s on the wines from folks who apprenticed under the current California masters. :wink:

Thanks Mike, awesome note!

Corey, the label reads 14.2% and it is in fact 14.3% ABV.

I popped a bottle over the weekend and thought it was drinking nicely :slight_smile:

Had the 2015 recently and it was dynamite. I believe the alcohol was under 14% on that one off the top of my head.

I’ve had Pinot from this site from a different producer and was similarly impressed. It’s a Helluva PN vineyard for sure.

I have a few of these in the cellar, Im a sucker for anything with AV on the label. I need to pull a cork. The vineyard as for sale last year not sure if it still is, if any off y’all want to make a change of life move. 4 Acres with a modular home.