TN: 2005 Limerick Lane 1023

From magnum. Camping with my son, his 2 buddies and thier dads/my boys. First thought from my friends (non wine-geeks) after popping the cork (errr…‘Durand’ing’ the cork??). ‘Damn. This is delicious!’. Yup. I agree. Magnum I acquired at auction that’s 50% zin / 50% syrah (per the back label), and pours a youthful but cloudy cranberry red color. Explosive nose of raspberries and pepper lead to a very fresh, medium bodied palate with crushed raspberries, Bing cherries, black pepper, and baking spice. Acidity is playing perfectly with the red fruits and the tannins are well integrated. Spectacular bottle that was just rocking at the campsite and around the fire at night.

PAGING TOM HILL. No idea who the wine maker was but it’s signed by someone by the name of Rick (from what I can tell). Any thoughts/history on this one would be appreciated, especially since i had zero idea the 04 Collins zin I recently drank was more than likely made by Joel Peterson
20180210_193729.jpg
20180210_193837.jpg
20180210_193901.jpg
20180210_193941.jpg

Side note…bought some go-vino glasses for the trip and am super happy with them. Fairly thin, fits in your hand well, and super practical for outdoor use. ‘I give it…a 10! A F’ng 10!’ (Bonus points for naming that movie)
20180210_202411.jpg

Rick Oberlin

Thanks scott!

Thanks for the tasting note!

That looks like it was a fantastic trip, Rich!!

I really didn’t give much thought to Limerick Lane prior to the Bilbro family’s entrance into the story.

I read the vineyards’ feature in the Zinfandel Odyssey book (published ~2001), but I assumed that the past level of quality couldn’t measure up to the current wines being bottled. Perhaps I was mistaken…