If you owned a wine store and wanted to pick a bottle to celebrate with?

My daughter is competing at the US Figure Skating Asso. National Championships this coming week in Portland OR. This is her Synchronized Skating teams. She has a very good chance of become a gold medalist in 2 divisions. I own a wine store and have really anything at my disposal with so many options I have locked up, and I am unable to choose. I am looking for inspiration. What would be your choice?

Congratulations, Larry. That is so exciting. No help on the selection, though

Thank you David, But I am serious I can not choose.

Eiswein?

From your store, the 1990 Chateau Latour with the 1989 as back-up or side-by side pairing!

And congrats. I know you put a lot of time, effort, money, love and support into your daughter’s success.

Cheers, dad!

Since it’s celebratory I’d say bubbles.
Congrats.

I’m biased, but Champagne. And best of luck to her!

For me Yes but I will have to celebrate with the other families as well and Champagne usually gets poured and not consumed and I do not want to run around drinking every ones 1985 if i bring a mag. I am thinking red.

That was going to be my thought.
First, congratulations to you and your daughter. It takes great effort and hard work to get that far. And parental support and encouragement is a big factor.

Do you have any birth year wines? Something that can connect the year your daughter was born, where you were, what you were doing, and that year’s harvest.

Salon.

By the way AWESOME love that not for the wine just killed the pun.

+1 on Salon. Looks like you have the '02. Should be suitably celebratory. Congratulations!

Congrats!! What does your daughter like to drink?

Whatever is not selling or offers low margin. Ha!

A 3L of the best champagne you’ve got in that size.

You’re too subtle. . . Try Icewine. :slight_smile:

What ever you daughter likes.

Daughter is 14 So she will be having Either her favorite Virgin Colada or Sparkling Apple Cider.

Hard to do better! Congratulations Larry. You must be enormously proud

I don´t own a store, but … well, I guess my cellar can compete with a lot of stores …not in sheer number of bottles but in diversity … and quality …

I simply would think about what would your daughter prefer to drink? 1st guess: a great Champagne, and maybe a great vintage in a perfect spot … 1996 Salon or 1990 Winston Churchill …

Or a red? 1982 Pichon Lalande? 1989 Rayas? 1991 RSV/Leroy ?

Or a white like 1998 Riesling Kellerberg Smaragd/FX Pichler ? G-Max/Keller 2004? Montrachet 1986 Drouhin/Laguiche ?
1997 Sauvignon blanc Zieregg/Tement ?

Vintage Port of her birth year?
Kracher Grand Cuvee TBA 1991?

Lots of choices … ?

All the best for the Championships !!! [cheers.gif]