Looking for a new decanter

Please let me know what you own, and why you like it.

Cheers,

Warren

Zalto Axium. Looks great, easy to pour, works great.

$30 decanter from Bed, Bath, and Beyond (plus 20% off coupon!).

Works fine; looks nice enough.

+1

wine enthusiast Vivid decanter. looks great, $40, holds wine.

I have half a dozen or so of the Riedel Cabernet decanters. Affordable, light-weight, goes into the dishwasher (no soap), looks good, easy to pour from. Done. I have the Riedel Duck, but it is far more fussy. At large tastings, it does create conversation and distinguishes, perhaps, my highest end wine on the pouring table. It was a gift. I would not buy it.

Zalto Mystique- if you love big bold reds, it is the BEST one around. It’s not cheap at about $150, but it’s great at quickly opening up the goods…

Zalto Mystique- if you love big bold reds, it is the BEST one around. It’s not cheap at about $150, but it’s great at quickly opening up the goods…

1L Erlenmeyer flask. I like it because it’s cheap, it looks cool (to me), and it has a wide bottom that allows a large air exchange. I can also swirl it if I want with zero chance of spilling and it’s virtually impossible to knock over.

I use a riedel apple decanter that came as a free gift with a box of glasses and a ships decanter that I got at a 2nd hand store, they both seem to work

great idea, I might have to borrow it and buy myself a flask

I have multiples that I got at TJ Maxx for $9.99, they’re affordable enough that if they break I don’t care…when they get chipped I can toss them. I can throw a couple out on the table at the same time…and all in all, I’m not worried about them, they serve the purpose intended, and I’m happy to spend more money on wine than the decanter I’m pouring it in…

Zalto Axium handles and pours well. Compactly stores. Enough surface area for me. Besides Berserker Chris sells them. I have two more on order.

Yup, I have six. The best for this purpose, IMHO.

I have a handful of different decanters from Riedel and Spiegelau, but most frequently use a 2L Pyrex Erlenmeyer Flask. Functional and pretty much indestructible. I bought ten of them, and they come in super handy for blind tastings.

Funny about the Erlenmeyer flasks–I have one and it’s the most-often used decanter we own.

The least-used is the Riedel. Awesome shape (IMO) but horrible functionality–the last half-glass always manages to miss the intended receptacle.

Don’t have any Zalto decanters (only glasses) but plan on getting some once Chris Freemott restocks :slight_smile:

We have 3 and all I know is they are made of glass.

Riedel Syrah (the one with a little lip spout thing). It’s pretty compact, and I never drip thanks to the lip thingy.

+1. We have 3 of the 1L and one 2L in case we need to decant a magnum.

erlenmeyer from amazon prime. ‘anything less, is uncivilized.’ c. barkley