Pato Tuesdays with 05 Coche Corton Charlemagne, 99 Rouget Echezeaux, and 02 DRC Echezeaux

Noticed a couple of well priced gems on the list at Patina the last time we were here so we had to go back before someone else grabbed them.

We practically had the place to ourselves on Tuesday night. Food was very good. The whole duck 2 ways was wonderful and a fine match for the wines.

• 1999 Emmanuel Rouget Echezeaux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Echezeaux Grand Cru (3/6/2018)
    Even more open now compared to 2 years ago. Plenty of spice and dark fruit on the nose. Noticeably darker in color than the 02 DRC Echezeaux next to it. A hint of oak but not nearly as much as 2-3 years ago. Wonderful structure. This paired nicely with the perigord truffle risotto.
  • 2002 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Echezeaux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Echezeaux Grand Cru (3/6/2018)
    Noticeably more bricked than the 99 Rouget Echezeaux. Full on Drc spice, mushrooms, earth, a hint of leather and residual reduction. Very similar in profile on the nose compared to the RSV a week ago. The palate is just a bit short in comparison. A very good wine but I’m not convinced this will get better with age.
  • 2005 Coche-Dury Corton-Charlemagne - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru (3/6/2018)
    Shockingly elegant. You’d think Coche Corton Charlemagne would be some powerful massive wine but what stands out is the fine floral perfume and elegance. The finish is long and persistent. Not a hint of heat or ripeness on this beauty. Unanimous WOTN tonight.

Posted from CellarTracker
IMG_8420.JPG

My kind of Tuesday!

How much were they on the list?

WOW…there are some other gems on that list as well! Road trip Edson???

Nice drinkin Fred! [cheers.gif]

Edson, $230 on that Rouget.

Buzz, I wouldn’t reveal my source if there were!

But you’re working :wink:

Always working. Hardest working man in Modesto.

Always surprised that Patina is not more popular. My family had a terrific dinner there not long ago and the place was empty. Granted, we brought along our own special bottles but the wine service was exemplary.
Edson, Buzz… anytime for the Central Valley posse!

Cheers!
Marshall

you know im game.

you hear that buzz, they want us down there. let’s make it happen. who do i need to talk to to make sure you have THAT day off? [swearing.gif]

Nice work Fred. That '05 Coche CC is splendid right now.