TN: Arnoux-Lachaux Bourgogne Pinot Fin 2014

This wine has now shut down, I tried a bottle about 6 weeks ago and noticed it was shutting down on the middle palate, it has now gone to sleep, it hasnt shut down hard like 2005, rather it was become very single noted and compressed.
Raspberry sorbet with a hint of citrus and a slightly washed out haze over the wine, stayed dumb for 4 hours in the decanter

Well I guess I won’t open any of mine. :wink:

Any recent experience with the 2013?

I opened a 13 last year and found it very 13 like, although William Kelly opined in another thread that 13 was rounding out a bit, so might be worth a crack now.

Just spent a couple of hours moving cases around in my offsite and found a case of the 14 buried in the back…
Be a crime not to open one and report back to the class.
TN
This was the first vintage where Charles called the vinification shots and it really shows in this wine.
Cool limpid fruits sit framed in a smoky bramble of ripe stems, this wine is a triumph for its appellation with a Chambolle like coolness and superior palate length, well judged acidity balances the dark fruit to perfection.
I paid $27 NZD a bottle on release.
Great now but has some room to grow (3-5 years)

I had a ‘15 earlier this year and it was similar. Ready, enjoyable, everything I want from. Bourgogne Rouge. Not profound but I don’t expect that for $30.

Love this bottling; don’t love it at the $70(!) USD 2019 is going to be selling for up here later this year.

It is a very different wine now, in fairness.

champagne.gif

2012 was the first vintage where his dad, somewhat impromptu like the day of or before harvest began, told him that the vinifs are up to him.
Fwiw.

Buy it at the SAQ like It did for $60 CAD : )

Oh my, I’m seriously out of touch with current pricing. Just checked what 2018 VR & CM are going for locally. :grimacing: