If you think Coravin is expensive don't look at this!

Showed up on my Facebook feed. I guess the profiling puts me at a big spender because I bought the $200 growler from growlerwerks.

Since the bottle is inserted neck down, there would be a problem with wines with sediment.
A deal breaker IMO…

TTT

They claim that the 55 degree angle leaves 90+ percent of sediment in the shoulder. It looks like a really cool gadget, It’s the two grand that is the deal breaker for me.

Does anyone own one of these? I am curious as to the reviews on how it performs.

We just don’t have a bottle of wine live long enough to need that.

This.

Plus I love this part in the FAQ:
“Plum works with any standard 750ml bottle of wine with any closure” followed immediately in the same paragraph by “Plum does not work with glass closures.”

Repour is a newish entry in the wine preservation market that looks interesting. It’s a wine bottle stopper that has an oxygen absorber built into it. You throw it away when you finish the bottle (the waste aspect is a downside). They’re ~$1.50/ea, depending on what quantity you buy.

I bought I pack of ten to test out (I was pouring around San Diego and you can’t fly with the argon capsules) and it worked quite well. Since it’s absorbing the O2, it pulls a bit of a vacuum…that can make the wine a bit dumb or reductive (it made my normally well behaved Anderson Valley Pinot noticeably reductive). This resolves with air, but you can avoid this by releasing the vacuum sometime later (after first putting it in). So far, it’s the best at keeping wine in perfect/original shape long term, compared to coravin/pungo in my experience.

Four Seasons has this in their suites in Palo Alto. They had Ramey Chard and Chapallet Signature. Pretty cool.

That thing is wildly cool.

Pretty cool - but isn’t this really just a new (perhaps better at preservation) design for a 2-bottle cruvinet? Doesn’t seem like you can swap out bottles without finishing one (like the Coravin).

$2k is way too much to spend for a device like this. No wine is worth that.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=142411&#p2308167