2016 Dauvissat

first offer—$329.99 for a 750 of Clos or Preuses! So I checked wine-searcher. The only other offer was $349.99! Crazy doesn’t say enough.

That is a bit crazy. The price hasn’t changed from the domaine - at least, that’s what I heard back in October.

For what it’s worth, from barrel the '16 Preuses was probably the Chablis-of-the-vintage.

are we gonna have to start a new thread every time K&L or Greg overprices a new release ;p

I literally just bought stateside at 160.
I paid 85 in Europe.

If you paid sales tax to St Louis for all the wine purchases you make in a year they could build at least four new schools. [snort.gif] [snort.gif]

Maybe he should move to Oklahoma… I know no politics…

BTW, the 15’ Clos was $175 in our market and thought that to be crazy…

If you wanna see some real crazy pricing, their 2015 Fourrier CSJ for $870 is RIDICULOUS. Same as the 15 Fourrier Gevrey VV for 125.

Maybe I should just drink a fine Auxey???

That’s pretty funny. What were you picking 2014 up for?!?

Geez, is this going to turn into the Allemand thread.

I stand by my earlier comments, buy Cru Bojo now, in 7 years we will all be laughing/crying that the wines have reached $100…

More fun and less expensive to drink at great restaurants in Paris than to buy retail in the US.

I’m saying, we don’t need a thread every time K&L releases an over priced wine. Most of their current release burgundy/rhone is over priced now.

What’s next, all Raveneau in US arrives in a 1.5L box? Armageddon is upon us.

The '14 Dauvissat Clos and Preuses are up over $300 now. For what it’s worth, the Clos was unbelievable.

They just sent out a funny mail about “last call” for 2015 Faiveley. There were about 300-400 bottles. What they mean is “last chance to buy at full price, before we have to discount it to make way for the 2016s!” I saved the mail to check how many bottles end up in Insider’s Advantage. Since the mail went out they sold 4 of 28 bottles of Clos des Cortons.

Seeing grand cru Raveneau in our market for $500…yikes!

Makes me think of what monsieur Eden said about wine being expensive in French restaurants, considering that this wine (at least previous vintages) can be still had for less than 100 € in certain establishments there…

I paid clos 2015 raveneau €71 and valmur dauvissat 2016 €85 in France.
I remember VincentD saying it was great to have such a strong offering in the US…
At such a creazy price this is an easy choice

Last year both of them were available at €90 at a wine merchant 300m away from the champs elysees in paris. And in reasonable quantities. Pricing in the us or asia is completely absurd