TN: 2014 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly

• 2014 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin 1er Cru (4/11/2018)
    Absolutely stoopid good. This has that very special nose. Beautiful. Loaded with mineral infused fruit. Sexy. Focused. No amount of superlatives can capture this. As a QPR. Wow!

Posted from CellarTracker

Just stupid good. I don’t know how he does it.

2 Likes

Yes it’s a great QPR as well as a great wine. I love PYCM’s wines.

Not sure it’s still a great QPR…the price is now around $100/bottle. Not long ago it was like $60

$100? That seems really high. If you look on WS you can find the 2016 version for $70. I was able to source 14-16s on release all sub $60 from local Bay Area retailers.

I paid $40 for my ‘14 PYCM Saint-Aubins. I was only able to get a few of the ‘15 Chateniere and the price had jumped to $55, but still nowhere near $100. [scratch.gif]

Coincidentally drinking a 2010 tonight, outstanding wine. But I paid $35 for it, and $40 for the 14s. Prices have gone up considerably after that.

How was the 2010 en Remilly? I’ve got a PYCM 2010 Meursault Perrieres on deck for this weekend, looking forward to it. $40 is a great price for the 14, my records show I paid $53 for both the 14 and the 15. In my book its a bargain compared to most WB these days.

1 Like

Still too young, very edgy and mineral. I’d expect the MP to be delicious but also very young.

This wine really is great on an absolute scale. I marvel at what can be done with St Aubin. Sad the prices are rising. Even at $70 -100, this is a great wine and better than many Puligny or Chassagne 1er crus.

1 Like

Thanks for the re-stim Don. I love this and all of the other vintages of En Remilly. Theyre consistently good out of the gate. I paid $60 for my 14s locally.

Sadly…very hard to source …NOW ! [soap.gif]

Shhhh! Keep quite Blake! :slight_smile:

Would recommend Lamy’s and Ramonet’s En Remilly as well!

1 Like

£21 ex tax in Uk.

1 Like

you are so lucky.

There is a bunch of great Q/P in St Aubin (and also Rully) at the moment. I buy stuff at the “Vignerons Indépendants” wine fair, and there are great things below 20€.
Sadly, C-M wines are difficult to find in France, sell out very quickly and prices have shot up.

I have a single St Aubin Le Banc 2014 (village) left that I’m tented to pull after reading Don’s note on the premier cru. Thanks for that btw!

Alain

Brought a bottle last night to Rustic Canyon. Gunpowder nose, extremely tight palate. Became a little more generous as it warmed and got some air. Nice enough last night, but with much more to give. I’ll decant the next one for air or wait a couple of years, or both.

Current prices on the '17 top $120. Another QPR bites the dust.

Those listed for that pricing on winesearcher have to be straight retailer markups. I paid $62 for 2017’s

2 Likes

Where from?

Long gone of course, but I’ll tell you next year after I get some 18’s. [cheers.gif] My point was just that wholesale couldn’t have changed that much based on what I paid.