TN: 2009 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barbaresco)

A bit worrisome at first with some cooked black fruit aromas coming out of the bottle, but that dissipated with an hour or two.

Still the warmth of the vintage was apparent with darker fruit, and a slightly denser profile than other vintages. Sweet, dried black cherry and black licorice, garden herbs, and rich floral perfume. Further decanting gave it a very agreeable assortment cured meats, leather and dry flowers.
The palate was sweet black fruits, menthol, and a tingling bitter finish that I quite liked. Still a bit of lingering tongue coating tannin that increased over time, and snappy food friendly freshness.

While this is not on the downslope at all, and can certainly age a long while more, I can’t shake the feeling that it is a clunkier vintage that won’t necessarily find its footing with more time in the bottle. Though Nebbiolo is tricky to predict that way, and time and air helped assuage those concerns.

Posted from CellarTracker

In the 2008 vintage, this was the only Produttori made, which really elevated this wine.

Since I have a number of the 2008 Produttori SVDs, I’m pretty sure this is not accurate.

I think this was 2006 and maybe 2010. Maybe others as well. There have been many discussions about this on WB.

Thanks for the TN! I have a 11, 13 and 14. Debating opening the 11 soon for pizza night or something of the like

I am just tasting a 2009 Produttori Asili (day 2). It is meatier, chunkier and lacks the finesse of a typical Asili. I have opened a few 2009 single vineyard reserves with similar experience. I like them finer. I will open a 2004 Asili soon to recalibrate my palate.