The Best Wine Shop Ever - Wine Watch in Ft Lauderdale...

It’s like a cross between Ollivanders 's Wand Shop (Harry Potter) and a Cellar… we walked into a Chateau Cos d’Estournel 15 year vertical tasting, the food was amazing… Wow! What Fun!

Great Selection too, Highly Recommended! https://www.winewatch.com/
IMG_4519.JPG
IMG_4507.JPG
IMG_4517.JPG
IMG_4519.JPG
IMG_4514.JPG

The front of the entire building, the ceiling and the furniture is made of Wine Boxes…

Here is a picture of me ordering a 2008 Gran Cru , Charmes Chambertin…
ollivanders-wand-shop.jpg

Yes, it is the best wine shop out there, probably in the country. I live in Fort Lauderdale and go there all the time.

The photos you posted are from the new wine bar, that they opened last summer. Attached to it is their new shop, which actually opens today. They just moved from their old location across the street, which they’d been in for more than 20 years.

It also has a ton of tastings events, most of which are extremely high end and are several hundred dollars a person. The owner’s wife creates a dinner menu for each tasting.

Unbelievable place.

Wow, killer shop! And I get down there regularly for business. Thanks for the information.

Just grabbed a 1970 Chateau Magdelaine for $120, which is very reasonably priced relative to current market. A lot of their nicer wines are higher than market, but some nicely priced things here and there. Looking forward to popping in.

Damit. Secret is out.

Note that the online prices are not always correct. There are sale prices that sometimes do not show up. I’d recommend creating an online account, as that allows the sale prices to usually show up.

Also note that if it says they have one bottle left, that’s usually wrong and means there are zero left.

The higher prices are a testament to the location. The tri-county area of Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami has a lot of wealth obviously and also a lot of prolific wine collectors. One example, for instance, is Dan Marino, who is a major shopper there. (His label Passing Time, a phenomenal Washington cab, is actually sold there).

So, they can get away with the higher prices because they sell so much wine.

Also note that unlike many wine stores I’ve been to, even higher end ones, this store is kept at perfect temperature, has no windows, and has dimmer lights, to ensure proper wine storage, since they have a huge inventory of high end vintage wines.

They’re able to get a lot of the amazing vintage wine that they have by way of collectors selling it to them. That’s also one way that they’re able to have the tastings that they do.

Certainly worth going to and browsing. I’m going later myself to check out the new store.

We’re hoping to make it to a few brown bag Saturdays this summer. Do any of you participate?

Ok, fail already. My order went through, and then I got a nice email saying they were out. Yawn.

Been there a few times…walked in one night and they were doing a sit down dinner with a representative from Palmer drinking vintages back to 1970…I tried to sneak into the mix but they were already full…I sipped Bordeaux at their side bar with my pouty bat face on full display.
No one felt sorry for me :frowning:

BTW this is not where they keep their wines, the shop is adjacent. It’s a tight maze of wall to wall wines…and they have other off storage. I believe they are doing a build out to bring it all together

Get on their mailing list…they have some of the most incredible tastings…I like to read them just for fun

Shhhhhh!

that would absolutely make it the worlds most magical place. now I have to go.

Looking at the web site, they have great inventory. How is their shipping?

Wow!

I saw the bottom pic with Roadhouse wines and said, “Whoa! I gotta tell Eric!!!”

D’Oh!

Nice pic of you buying wine, but that clerk with the wand looks under age.

Alfert this is the place I kept texting and sending u pics of when I was staying down in Hollywood beach…SMH

I initially heard about this spot from some random local (non-geek) here in Orlando…Irony

resist … resist … resist … resist … resist …

Ah, FEMA report!

I don’t think they ship.