TN: 2015 Thierry Allemand Cornas Reynard (France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas)

Gary F of Hi-Time Wine in Costa Mesa generously opened a bottle to sample over dinner for a few of us. Suffice to say, glad I tried it, but gonna keep my hands off them for awhile! (or not who knows, i’m a sucker for punishment). Very similar wine to the 2010 bottling in stuffing and structure sitting on top of a deep rich fruit core.

• 2015 Thierry Allemand Cornas Reynard - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas (5/20/2018)
    15 Allemand Reynard is an absolute bruiser. All that purple violet minerally intensity that allemand is known for is hiding underneath a thick mass of structure and tannin. You can shake loose some of that exotic blue and purple fruit on the palate, you can feel the intensity lurking under the waves. Hold off for now or decant for a long long time.

Was the jamet more ready?

I was wondering when such nonsense would appear. I guess only a matter of time after we’ve seen reviews of Levet’s 15’s, Gerard 15’s, etcetera etcetera.

I’d say the allemand. But neither even close to ready per se

Are you the Burgundy version of Stuart? :wink:

Some posted a Chave 15 TN too. I haven’t seen one from Clape or Rostaing La la yet, but not about to open any of mine.

The moral outrage over opened bottles of wine continues to keep us all repressed.

Oh I love it when people open recent vintages, the more data points the better.

Prove it. Open your bottle. Add a data point.

I bought and drank 15 Chave on Friday because they didn’t have 15 Allemand. I’m not telling what I thought!

Thanks Fu. I’m a sucker for punishment and will bust one as soon as it gets here

Thanks for trying it out. Do you think we will see this for $200 or less? I’m hoping locally I can source it.

I purchased the majority of mine for sub $200. I’ve had some really egregious offers that were based purely on looking at wine searcher and then telling me a price, but in most part it’s been reasonable enough.

Run on sentence that would have resulted in a ‘D’ in 8th grade english class:

Based on my personal experience dating back to shortly after when Thierry worked for Robert Michel and moonlighted at his own property, I’m not opening any of mine until I call time, but, like others have said, all data points are welcome.

Grammar Nazi! ‘Run on sentence’ is very 1990s MS Word grammar checker :wink:

Which was the offending sentence?

I had a '15 Clape and a '15 Jaboulet Maison bleu. I will let it slip that they looked beautiful. Enough to tempt me to buy them.

Love it! People buying wine they love and actually consuming it! This is an inspiring trend.

What are you talking about? Purpose of wine is to hoard and gloat over like Smaug. You need to re-examine your priorities, Gilbane.

Boy, did this thread take a snarky turn or what?

Isn’t this a Pobega-esque thing to do? Pop wines early? newhere

Thread took a wacky turn.

More power to the early bottle poppers!!!