Is there a/how does one get on the DRC list

I understand that Wilson Daniels is the importer. I’ve also seen the contract that one must sign promising not to resell the wines etc. Does anyone have any experience purchasing DRC direct (as direct as one can get)?

I’d be curious to learn how this works.

I imagine that it must involve Big Lumber flying to a jurisdiction like Washington DC, where the transaction might not be a felony, and then it’s considered Big Lumber’s responsibility to figure out how to move the wines to a different jurisdiction?

Because it seems like the total state sales tax [fair market value] on a case of DRC would come to upwards of $5000 [if you’ve got a bottle of RC in there, plus LT & Monty], and most jurisdictions wouldn’t be too happy about losing that kind of tax revenue each year.

I’m pretty sure you need a helicopter

You need to be an excessibe balla

I know Fu. Fu is my friend.

We’ve never met, but I know he will like me.

He gargles with DRC.

There is a DRC direct allocation list. I know one person who is on it as of 4 years ago when I met that person in Burgundy (no, I’m not saying who it is). There’s another person who I currently know and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if that person is on the list.

I’m gonna take a not so SWAG and that you have to be vetted before getting on the list.

All you need is the secret handshake.

I got on it by complaining. Every day for 18 months I called the main number until they gave me an allocation. Lots of people do it. It’s the whole reason that they make that dog shit romanee st vivant. 100% allocated to those who are a pain in the ass. Now I get two bottles every year and flip ‘em for 1.3x my cost.

What is it with you and taxes? You constantly bring this up in threads where it’s completely irrelevant. At least you haven’t scolded anyone in this thread for ducking taxes on a ‘real names board’. Though that’s probably a couple posts away, and like usual, nobody will have discussed avoiding taxes either.

Ew.

LOL

Because out here in flyover country, we have this concept of misdemeanors and FELONIES.

The fair market value of a case of DRC, with an RC & an LT & Monty among other goodies, is gonna be the better part of $50,000, which means that most states will want to realize the better part of $5,000 in sales taxes on those bottles, and you try pulling that stunt in a serious felony state like Illinois or Texas or Utah, without having the wine pass through a licensed distributor and a licensed retailer [which means without the appropriate taxes having been collected], and you can get back to me as to whether or not your hot shot lawyer was able to plead you from a felony down to a misdemeanor.

Now I am very well aware that The Law no longer applies The Elites on the East or West Coasts, but for us Normies out here in Normieville, we gotta think long and hard about the implications of committing a felony like that, because we gotta worry about this thing we call PRISON.

you know what they say… if you gotta ask…

F’ off, you make mountains out of molehills… , yeah, you’re the little man in fly over country and us elites sit back and make millions…

Look, are we all Koch’s, no…if we are posting on a wine board we all are basically upper middle class, don’t act like there is a difference between us.

I bet in your town you are upper middle class and people hate you… it’s all relative, don’t pull the flyover card here…

Don’t feed the troll.

+1

it’s like no one has ever opened a thread about burgundy on this forum with Nathyn spewing his nonsense

+2

if it is like another importer list I am on, state sales tax is paid.

I tried without success to get on the DRC list.

I even tried without success to get a simple response from W-D when a magnum of 1990 DRC Richebourg was hopelessly corked that I opened with someone who used to work for them. I wrote them and so did she—no response.

A lot of the big east coast importers that like to give customers direct allocations and help them break the law can connect you with a human trafficking ring that is willing to pick up your wine for a small fee. They all have those connections. So it’s not big money to get the wine and it also makes you feel pretty good knowing that you didn’t waste gas and are helping the environment.

Wait . . . the Koch brothers, in Wichita, are coastal elites?