TN: 2007 Trimbach Riesling Cuvée Frédéric Emile (France, Alsace)

• 2007 Trimbach Riesling Cuvée Frédéric Emile - France, Alsace (6/22/2018)
    Another super showing here…even better when it’s 100 degrees outside! Refreshing lemon/lime acidity with wet crushed rocks, creaming up nicely with a little tropical mango, pineapple, and quince…little more petrol showing, with an intriguing blue cheese vein adding to the complexity. Fresh and energized acidity…tart and puckering…with wonderful florals of lemon blossoms, jasmine, wet slate…honey butter with sea salt…really no signs of age…just that its coming together, and polishing like a champ! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Underrated and delicious vintage of CFE.

Agreed, but I’m letting mine sit a little longer.

Me as well.

i’ve never had the CFE - I only picked up a bottle because it’s our anniversary year. i’m happy to hear about how “energetic” it is. i wonder when i should crack it? <10 years? longer?

I’ve tried it against the Clos St Hune a couple times, and I’ve generally preferred the Frederic Emile. Having said that, the oldest I’ve had them is at about 15 yrs old, so perhaps at 20+ hrs, the Clos St Hune finally starts to perform.

Hume takes longer to come into its own. That being said, some folks prefer CFE. They are remarkably different wines.

I like 07 but 08 blows me away, best since 01 375eme for me. I was at Trimbach last week (first time) and they were pretty high on 08 also.

Off thread, but they had some 94 Pinot Gris SGN that was delicious so I bought a couple.

Had this a year or two ago and it was one of the most challenging and perplexing wines I’ve ever had. Extremely lean, but also relatively flat, with little in the way of structure or delineation. Not flabby, just no there there. Out of .375. Still not sure if it was the wine, or me.

Trimbach in 375ml is often problematic. Not sure why, but it is.

Just had my first poxed 07. More so on the nose…pox and petrol…NOT a great combo!

I have a couple 2010s. Great wine when I opened a bottle last year. How does the vintage in 2007 compare to 2010?

My last FE verticale at the domain in november 2013 :

Trimbach Riesling Frédéric Emile 2010 : LG18/20
Le grand millésime permet ici la production d’un vin cristallin. Parfums de lys, de bâton de réglisse, de pêche blanche très mûre, de citron, avec un début de miel et les fringants apports aromatiques d’une brassée de plantes et fleurs à tisane.
Bouche complète, sereine, très gourmande, persistante. Grande réussite, en devenir.

Trimbach Riesling Frédéric Emile 2007 : LG17/20
On note ici un peu de réduction initiale et l’émergence d’un duo terpénique/balsamique, accompagné de senteurs de crème de cassis, de noix de coco, de confiture de mirabelles.
La matière est pleine (plus enveloppée que celle du 2008), cohérente, minérale, entraînée par de nobles amers, encore sur la réserve (en termes d’épanchement aromatique et de déploiement de matière). Cela devrait venir avec les années.

I found the 2010 a bit clumsy
Poor on the acidity side
2007 is much better
2008 even much more
There is a previous thread on CFE