Retailer check: My Wine Deals

Anyone using them? I have several pre arrivals and they just pushed back deliveries until September which I understand to avoid summer temps during shipping. Their prices are good and I can pick up in DC so no shipping involved. Still, no vino yet.

How’d you hear about these guys? Interested, as I live in DC.

Affiliated with Posner?
Maybe I dreamed that.
I receive emails but never signed up for a list.

that would be me.

a relatively new operation; you may know me mostly from the Asylum,
– have never posted all that much here about wine, having been more a pro than just an enthusiast for most of my career –
and many of you know Jon Visser from his years at Gary’s in NJ

here a quick look, begging Mods’ pardon for being in any way commercial in this forum, but just enough info:

getting my feet wet once again in the wine biz after years of just working as a translator…
i sold wine in Washington DC for a number of years, and was quite taken with the possibilities it offers.

Great group of guys over there :slight_smile:

Super smart move about not shipping during the summer too. It’s totally not worth the risk. I wish more people would understand that. I like having my wine in my cellar, but I also like knowing it won’t be compromised when I open it.

I have known James since about 1898 and vouch for him as a more than solid citizen.

Dan Kravitz

Thanks all. If Dan has known him since 1898 that’s more than good enough for me. I can’t remember where I heard about them.

I’ve only known James since circa 2008 but I can vouch for him.

And anyone who follows his posts in Asylum can testify to his erudition.

Your link above/your Website is not optimized for an iPhone. I tried to input my birthday as you requested to verify I was 21YO (which in and of itself is ridiculous), but the “submit” button is below the bottom of the page, so it won’t work…

I’ll try it on my Mac

Any luck with your pending deliveries?

There was a fair amount of back and forth but I got my wines eventually. The don’t allow DC pickup and their shipping costs were on the high side so haven’t ordered anything in a while. I don’t get emails from them anymore.

Thanks for the feedback. I currently have 2 pending orders and was just informed recently that 1 is in and the other will be in shortly.

Bimp.

James, any word on when the 2016 Canalicchio di Sopra Brunello di Montalcino is arriving?

[cheers.gif]

Last Twitter post was in 2019.
Facebook page seems to be disconnected.
Last web update seems to also be from 2019.

Youse fellas gotta get on this!