Penfolds Napa/Sonoma Wine

This should be interesting . . . Another example of ‘branding’ for sure.

This is another one of these moves that is done “because we can.”

Neo-Grange?

Definitely branding but I wonder why they’re getting grapes from Napa when they’d be much cheaper elsewhere, like maybe South America or India.

From the Wine Business article:

"The new Penfolds wine is scheduled to be released in 2022, according to Michelle Terry, chief marketing officer for Treasury Wine Estates.

"The fruit, including
[Napa Valley] Cabernet Sauvignon, will come from a variety of vineyards in the Napa Valley and California, including Camatta Hills on the Central Coast."

Could someone please enlighten me on where the Camatta Hills are, exactly? :neutral_face:

LOL who is buying this shit?

Silver Grange?

Grangemus?

Penfoldspus?

Sine Qua Grange?

MacDonfold?

They’ll come up with something.

Creston area, east of Paso. Treasury uses it for the Greg Norman Syrah . . .

Treasury Wine has a pretty big footprint in Napa now. They also have the funds necessary to purchase grapes from anybody in Napa or Sonoma. They’ve been here for quite a while and have accrued excellent knowledge on the vineyards in both counties, the wineries of both counties and the wine makers of both counties. I expect Kendall Jackson to be prominent in Sonoma and Treasury will slowly grow some Napa Valley wines. No offense to KJ but I see Treasury delivering a superior wine for today’s wine drinkers.

If I’m reading this correctly, their grapes will be sourced from all over CA. Thus, it’s unlikely to be designated with either Napa or Sonoma…

Bruce