Carlisle Summer 2018 release

Haven’t heard any word on their summer release, which typically comes around this time, if I recall correctly. Anyone have any inside info on what wines are included?

Should be in about 3 weeks. I’m, for one, am super excited.

Post #1113 Which Carlisle are you drinking? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

The website says July 18. Look at the banner at the top of the page.
But don’t tell anyone.
Phil Jones

Our most recent pairing. It worked too!
20180701_194532.jpg

It will be good whatever it contains.

Carlisle rocks.

Yes, some DO have a minerally quality. :wink:

Credit card meltdown imminent…

Thanks for posting, Nate, what a lineup!

Thank you for posting the link, Nate. Thrilled to see Two Acres is back!

From Mr Officer’s note:

“…As I noted in the last pre-release letter, this is an incredibly special vintage for us in which everything came together to produce my favorite set of wines to date. All the wines speak clearly of the vintage and their respective vineyards, displaying fabulous aromas and flavors, wonderful balance, and seamless textures. Even better, unlike 2017, we have ample quantities of most wines.

Reading a lot of release notes from various CA winemakers that seem to say ‘16 is the vintage. I’ve had some 16’s already and they are uniquely delicious.

Based on what Mr Officer wrote in the pre-release letter, these appear to be the Carlisle wines the winemaker is most excited about…

2016 Sonoma Valley “Pagani Ranch” Alicante Bouschet:

"But in these three particular vintages ['04, '13, '16], every component is in place, a beautiful nose, delicious flavors, and a long finish. Black as a moonless night deep in a bamboo forest. (Trust me, that’s black!) Blackberries and boysenberries abound in the deep, concentrated aromas…Plenty of fresh blackberry, ample acidity and suave tannins…There is plenty of fruit to this wine, it is by no means jammy…"

2016 Sonoma Valley “Rossi Ranch” Grenache:

“An intoxicating, highly perfumed, incense-like nose of strawberry, kirsch, Asian five-spice, and exotic woods…An incredibly silken texture…In many ways, very Burgundian. Masculine tannins on the finish serve as the perfect yang to the wine’s
yin.”

2016 Russian River Valley “Two Acres” Red Wine:

Wonderfully luxurious on the palate with a mouthcoating texture unlike any other wine I’ve had from California.…I love this now but it will go the distance.”

2016 Sonoma County “The Integral” Red Wine:

Whooo-eeee! We’re totally diggin’ this wine! It clearly says ‘I’m from California’ but it also possesses an old-world aesthetic…Bottled unfined, unfiltered and un-freakin’-believably delicious.”

2016 Paso Robles Willow Creek District “James Berry Vineyard” Syrah:

“Incredible farming, incredible fruit, and a talented, rock star owner who is certainly one of the most kind and humble people I have ever met… An absolute drop-dead gorgeous nose of blackberry, mulberry, and white lilies. On the palate, so silky, so smooth…Already quite striking and enjoyable, give this bad boy a couple of years…”

2016 Sonoma County “The Derivative” White Wine*:

“Medium-bodied, flavors of grapefruit and Crenshaw melon emerge in the long and invigorating finish. Very refreshing!…I can’t help but think of enjoying this with some ripe Rocamadour cheese and fresh fruit on a warm summer’s day.”

2016 Russian River Valley “Papera Ranch” Zinfandel:

“There have been many great Papera’s over the years but for my palate, this may be the greatest. Critics who have tasted it seem to agree.”

\

• I would not have included “The Derivative” except for the very fact that this with obviously has a very special place in the hearts of the Officers:

“When Gallo announced they would no longer sell Semillon from Monte Rosso Vineyard, we were heartbroken. But truthfully, we suspected this was coming. Hence, back in 2014, to ensure production of the Derivative would not be interrupted, we lined up a killer new source of Semillon, Rossi Ranch!

What wines are [u]you[/u] planning on going in for when the Carlisle shop opens its shutters tomorrow?

Will probably buy the Papera, Bedrock zin, Integral and Carlisle Zin. Classics mixed with a newbie.

In for the zins, JB Syrah, AB, and PS, I think.

Side note…drinking a killer 13 Pagani zin right now. Love the vineyard and nobody does it better than Mike O (sorry Morgan).

Prob going with Derivitave, Papera, carlisle, JB, and definitely AB.

Love his PS but I have too much in the cellar and will probably only buy Palisades moving forward (special juice for sure)

No Bedrock Vineyard, Rich?!

If the '16 Carlisle Vineyard is as good as the '15 is, then we will be happy campers here. We opened a bottle of the '15 over the Holidays last December for my wife’s sisters and Brother-in-laws, and it was gone within an hour. I am also a big fan of The Derivative, especially during summer.

Thanks,
Ed

Probably not man. It’s good stuff for sure, just gotta draw the line somewhere when the cellar is already overflowing with zins from Carlisle and Bedrock.

Lets me go a little heavier on Carlisle/Carlisle and Bedrock/Bedrock.