A friend's 40th birthday wine bash

Photos below. A little bit of this, a little bit of that. Can answer any questions… The 90 Dujac Chambolle was my wine of the day…

Bruce
Wine #13a.jpg
Wine #12a.jpg
Wine #11a.jpg
Wine #10a.jpg
Wine #9a.jpg
Wine #8a.jpg
Wine #7a.jpg
Wine #6a.jpg
Wine #5a.jpg
Wine #4a.jpg
Wine #3a.jpg
Wine #2a.jpg
Wine #1a.jpg

But NO notes?
What a tease!
:wink:

How was the 2001 Musigny. Was it ready to drink or does it need more time?

It was not decanted ahead of time; pop and pour at the restaurant. It was still on the linear/tannic side, although it did blossom with air in the glass.
Based on this bottle, I think it could use more cellar time.

Bruce

How were those Heitz?

C’mon man!
How was the Groffier ‘93 Beze?
Peter

An ‘01 Vogue Amoureuses last weekend was sensational and open for business.

How was every wine you opened?

This thread is useless without p̶i̶c̶s̶ notes!

FIFY. :wink:

Amurica.

Fun, but tired. I think they were acquired relatively recently at auction by one of the attendees.
They were interesting for the first 30-45 minutes, but then started to fade quickly. No idea how they
had been stored before auction, so can’t say if they’re representative.

Bruce

That was my bottle, and I double-decanted it an hour before I left for the restaurant. Thank goodness, because it really
needed it! But with aeration, it turned into a very earthy/forest floor/mushroom-porcini style of red Burg. Still vibrant
midpalate acidity and a moderate level of fine tannins. Probably could use another 5-10 years in the cellar, but not a
crime to enjoy now with the right food.

Bruce

90.2, 90.3, 90.5, 92.3, 85.3, 91.2, 97.3, 93.3, 94.7, etc.

Oh, you meant scores for THESE wines?

Bruce

Very nice Bruce. It was a thrill to slowly scroll down and find one treasure after another with a crescendoing effect. Well done. Wish it had been my 40th.

Isn’t that the truth!

Outstanding lineup. Look forward to doing some 40th celebrating myself in coming weeks.

The Dujac was definitely the wine of the lunch. The two Krug mags were also awesome. All around great wines and waaaay too much food, as usual.