Another "Winery Shipped My Wine Via Ground in Summer" Thread

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1 Post by Bdklein » July 26th, 2018, 6:10 pm

From Napa/Sonoma area to Long Island, NY via UPS ground. Shipping today or tomorrow for arrival next Thursday .

I did request the wine be held to the fall and the winery concurred . I just sent an email to the winery.
The wines are not expensive but ...

Feel free to chime in .
Bruce Klein

PaulMills
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2 Post by PaulMills » July 26th, 2018, 6:17 pm

Unless they arrive with ice packs still frozen, send it back.

Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Anton D » July 26th, 2018, 6:58 pm

PaulMills wrote:Unless they arrive with ice packs still frozen, send it back.
I like that!
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

Arv R

#4 Post by Arv R » July 26th, 2018, 10:16 pm

Wow that's insane. Its been 104F all week out here. Your swill is cooked.
R_@_0

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Sean_S » July 26th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Clearly not a producer I would ever want to do business with....
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Summit Rd, Redwood Estates, CA

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Bdklein » July 27th, 2018, 3:54 am

Sean_S wrote:Clearly not a producer I would ever want to do business with....
I will wait until the situation settles out before forming any conclusions.

Is there any visual way for me to tell if the wine is cooked?
Bruce Klein

Sherri S h a p i r o
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#7 Post by Sherri S h a p i r o » July 27th, 2018, 4:28 am

Bdklein wrote: I did request the wine be held to the fall and the winery concurred . I just sent an email to the winery.
The wines are not expensive but ....
Bruce - did the winery respond to your email? I had a similar situation last year, where I asked for wine to be held and it shipped anyway. Turned out to be a screw up by the fulfillment company, NOT the winery, and the winery took care of everything.

David Cohen

#8 Post by David Cohen » July 27th, 2018, 5:48 am

Bdklein wrote:

Who cares? Lets say it shows up looking awesome- you store in cellar for a couple years open the first bottle and not impressed so go to grab a 2nd and its worse. Zero recourse at that time. Accept nothing short of a refund of money or them shipping your wine in fall.

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Bdklein » July 27th, 2018, 6:11 am

Sherri S h a p i r o wrote:
Bdklein wrote: I did request the wine be held to the fall and the winery concurred . I just sent an email to the winery.
The wines are not expensive but ....
Bruce - did the winery respond to your email? I had a similar situation last year, where I asked for wine to be held and it shipped anyway. Turned out to be a screw up by the fulfillment company, NOT the winery, and the winery took care of everything.

Not yet. It was just sent yesterday afternoon. my limited experience has shown they respond in a timely manner.
Bruce Klein

Bruce Leiser_owitz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Bruce Leiser_owitz » July 27th, 2018, 8:39 am

Bdklein wrote:

It's "obvious" if the corks are pushed out and/or if there is seepage from the top of the corks. However, your wines could have been
exposed to damaging temps and still look OK. There would be no way for you to know until you taste one.

Given the ridiculous temps ACROSS the country, I would send the wines back and ask them to re-ship with new bottles in the fall.
And find out why in the (*^%$ they are shipping via ground during a heat wave in July!!!!

Bruce
"Bruce you are correct."--Andrew Kaufman, 3/24/13.

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#11 Post by larry schaffer » July 27th, 2018, 9:08 am

Bruce,

Why not call them? Some businesses simply are bombarded with emails and may not respond to them in a timely manner.

As others have said, it very well may be a 'screw up' by a third party shipper - but at the end of the day, it is for the winery to 'make good'.

Keep us posted - and also note that sometimes, wine is a lot more 'durable' than we give it credit for . . .

Cheers.
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#12 Post by Bdklein » July 27th, 2018, 9:16 am

larry schaffer wrote:Bruce,

Why not call them? Some businesses simply are bombarded with emails and may not respond to them in a timely manner.

As others have said, it very well may be a 'screw up' by a third party shipper - but at the end of the day, it is for the winery to 'make good'.

Keep us posted - and also note that sometimes, wine is a lot more 'durable' than we give it credit for . . .

Cheers.

Thanks for chiming in from someone ITB.
In the past, the phone calls don't get returned too quickly , if I recall correctly . This is a small(ish) wine maker , no tasting room (I don't think), more of a farmer/grower who sellls most of the grapes and also makes wine. That's the vibe I get, anyway .
Bruce Klein

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#13 Post by larry schaffer » July 27th, 2018, 9:26 am

Bdklein wrote:
larry schaffer wrote:Bruce,

Cheers.

Thanks for chiming in from someone ITB.
In the past, the phone calls don't get returned too quickly , if I recall correctly . This is a small(ish) wine maker , no tasting room (I don't think), more of a farmer/grower who sellls most of the grapes and also makes wine. That's the vibe I get, anyway .
Thanks for the prompt reply. You just never know - and you seem to have a small window to 'turn things around' and so you want to take any possible route in order to do so. My business number is my personal cell phone, so I am never too far away from any current or possible customer.

The winery can still catch the shipment after it's left and request it be returned to them before it gets to you - and then reship when they said that they would. And you noted that these were 'not that expensive' - so these are wines that you're going to be enjoying sooner rather than later? Curious . . .

I will say that Fall is a challenging time for most winemakers and small wine businesses - our focus certainly shifts to the current harvest and vintage, and it's easy for things to 'slip through the cracks'.

Good luck and keep us posted please.

Cheers!
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by Bdklein » July 27th, 2018, 9:37 am

My plan is to call on Monday if no response prior to then.

The wine is a 2017 Rose of Pinot Noir, so sooner (wasn't planning on drinking it this summer ) rather than later . And I am one who thinks wine is less fragile than others , given the fact that I store some wine in my non-cool (in summer ) NY basement and I never had a bad bottle .

I have had Pinot Noir from this winemaker and have had Pinot Noir from other winemakers using grapes from the same vineyard .
Bruce Klein

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#15 Post by larry schaffer » July 27th, 2018, 9:44 am

I seriously would call today - you said the wine was scheduled to go out yesterday or today. You could stop it in it's tracks before it travels too far.

It's 9:30 here right now - give it a shot please.

Cheers
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16 Post by Bdklein » July 27th, 2018, 9:52 am

larry schaffer wrote:I seriously would call today - you said the wine was scheduled to go out yesterday or today. You could stop it in it's tracks before it travels too far.

It's 9:30 here right now - give it a shot please.

Cheers
Yes father ! Lol.

Now go sell some wine or stomp some grapes !!
Bruce Klein

ericleehall

#17 Post by ericleehall » July 27th, 2018, 9:53 am

Keep in mind that many winery's fulfillment companies use refrigerated trucks to transport the wines to a regional UPS/FedEx center, where they pack them with ice packs for final delivery the next day via local carrier.

I'm not saying this will fix the issue in the hottest weather, but it is a effective and valid prophylaxis against the less than extreme summer weather situations.
All for the Love of Pinot!
www.roadhousewinery.com

dougwilder

#18 Post by dougwilder » July 27th, 2018, 9:58 am

Ice packs generally last about 48 hours even under moderate heat. Responsible fulfillment houses use temp control refrigerated transit to regional hubs in the summer where ice packs are inserted just prior to handing off to carrier for 'last mile' delivery. Under these conditions it is imperative that packages are delivered on first attempt. For returns, the package needs to reach the destination hub first. Mistakes happen, please give the winery a chance to respond.
itb

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by Bdklein » July 27th, 2018, 11:38 am

Winery has responded and acknowledged the request for them to hold til fall. They are checking with the fulfillment company .
Bruce Klein

jhans

#20 Post by jhans » July 27th, 2018, 1:06 pm

ericleehall wrote:Keep in mind that many winery's fulfillment companies use refrigerated trucks to transport the wines to a regional UPS/FedEx center, where they pack them with ice packs for final delivery the next day via local carrier.

I'm not saying this will fix the issue in the hottest weather, but it is a effective and valid prophylaxis against the less than extreme summer weather situations.
This does little good if they are shipping across the country and the rest of the trucks and warehouses are not temperature controlled.
John

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#21 Post by Nate Simon » July 27th, 2018, 1:30 pm

Even with assurances of "cold chain" shipping, ice packs, etc, there's just no guaranteeing the "chain of custody." Those boxes could get transferred from one refrigerated truck to another, only after sitting in a sweltering warehouse overnight. I always specifically ask for no shipping in the warm months (and I live less than 2 hours from Napa/Sonoma/SF). If I have any question at all about whether or not weather holds will be used (small producer, new producer, or just someone from whom I've not purchased), I just don't even buy the wine until the weather is good enough to ship.

ericleehall

#22 Post by ericleehall » July 27th, 2018, 1:34 pm

jhans wrote:
ericleehall wrote:Keep in mind that many winery's fulfillment companies use refrigerated trucks to transport the wines to a regional UPS/FedEx center, where they pack them with ice packs for final delivery the next day via local carrier.

This does little good if they are shipping across the country and the rest of the trucks and warehouses are not temperature controlled.
I respectfully disagree with you, shipping across the country in a refrigerated truck, repacking the bottles with an ice pack , and delivering them cold to a UPS/FedEx center near the final destination, has worked very well for our customers, and we've never lost a shipment to heat, only to cold!

Obviously, it wont solve the most extreme heat issues or a multiple day delivery attempt, in extreme heat, but overall it works, and it's especially useful if someone MUST have their wine in July/August..
All for the Love of Pinot!
www.roadhousewinery.com

dougwilder

#23 Post by dougwilder » July 27th, 2018, 2:02 pm

ericleehall wrote:
jhans wrote:

I respectfully disagree with you, shipping across the country in a refrigerated truck, repacking the bottles with an ice pack , and delivering them cold to a UPS/FedEx center near the final destination, has worked very well for our customers, and we've never lost a shipment to heat, only to cold!

Obviously, it wont solve the most extreme heat issues or a multiple day delivery attempt, in extreme heat, but overall it works, and it's especially useful if someone MUST have their wine in July/August..
I agree with you, Eric. I think there is a lot of misconception about how the temperature control service works, even though it is true that the 'last mile' is done in normal livery. Fed Ex Cold Truck is delivered the following day by 10am or noon, depending on distance, Temperature Control transits in a proprietary truck to that company's regional hub (which is temp controlled too). Boxes are opened and ice packs inserted immediately before handing off to the common carrier. If they can't assure delivery within that business week they hold over the weekend, again in the temp control warehouse before releasing the next week.
itb

Rob Isaacs

#24 Post by Rob Isaacs » July 27th, 2018, 4:23 pm

If you were buying these wines from a auction or third party and this was the provenance they provided to you would you still be willing to pay full price?

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#25 Post by Bdklein » July 27th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Email from the winery :

XXXX (the shipping company ) has kept a close eye on the weather and decided that it was ok to ship. We have our temps set relatively low for wines to ship across country. If you have issues please let me know.

Just not sitting right with me . Do we think this is a "lie" from the winery? Or the truth? I will ask if there were any measures taken to keep the shipment cool.
Bruce Klein

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by Randy Bowman » July 27th, 2018, 8:32 pm

Had a couple in today asking if we would ship their wine to Florida. They said the winery refused to ship it ground and anything else was cost prohibitive. (more than the wine cost and it was only four bottles) Obviously this winery is doing their own shipping an not using a fulfillment center or 3rd party shipper. They bought a Wine Check and will fill it before they leave for home.
IN THE BUSINESS SHILL: An associate of a person selling goods, who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer.

Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by Craig G » July 27th, 2018, 10:11 pm

Bdklein wrote:Email from the winery :

XXXX (the shipping company ) has kept a close eye on the weather and decided that it was ok to ship. We have our temps set relatively low for wines to ship across country. If you have issues please let me know.

Just not sitting right with me . Do we think this is a "lie" from the winery? Or the truth? I will ask if there were any measures taken to keep the shipment cool.
You asked to hold for fall. They didn’t.
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

James Billy

#28 Post by James Billy » July 27th, 2018, 10:34 pm

What are the chances that returned shipments are sold onto some other sucker?

David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by David Glasser » July 28th, 2018, 3:12 am

Craig G wrote:

And that’s what I would tell them. "I asked you to hold for fall and you didn’t. Temperatures now are clearly too high to ship by any reasonable definition. The wine will be heat damaged if shipped now and I will not accept it." If they wanted it sent back I’d write "Heat Damaged" in Sharpie across the labels. If they really think they’re fine they can pour them in their tasting room.

Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by Scott Brunson » July 28th, 2018, 4:18 am

Nate Simon wrote:Even with assurances of "cold chain" shipping, ice packs, etc, there's just no guaranteeing the "chain of custody." Those boxes could get transferred from one refrigerated truck to another, only after sitting in a sweltering warehouse overnight. I always specifically ask for no shipping in the warm months (and I live less than 2 hours from Napa/Sonoma/SF). If I have any question at all about whether or not weather holds will be used (small producer, new producer, or just someone from whom I've not purchased), I just don't even buy the wine until the weather is good enough to ship.
This is the reason we bought no wine on our Napa/Sonoma trip last month (other than the wines we consumed on the trip).
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

Sherri S h a p i r o
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#31 Post by Sherri S h a p i r o » July 28th, 2018, 5:36 am

Craig G wrote:

This.

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by Nate Simon » July 28th, 2018, 7:17 am

James Billy wrote:What are the chances that returned shipments are sold onto some other sucker?
>99%

Jayson Cohen

#33 Post by Jayson Cohen » July 28th, 2018, 8:18 am

Sherri S h a p i r o wrote:
Craig G wrote:

This.
Agree. This. Not handled well by the winery.

I always provide clear written instructions when I buy wines in the summer that are going to be shipped to me: the seller should hold until September or October and contact me in the fall about whether there is a window for shipping. If they won’t do it, I won’t buy. If it is not honored, I tell them to make it right. I’m trying to remember if I have ever had a problem. Not in the summer IIRC.

Early last year, a well known store in LA shipped by ground right after the sale was finalized without contacting me first. This was during a late January cold snap out East. I had provided express instructions not to ship and there was an indication on the invoice my wines were being stored for the winter for free. I didn’t find out until the box arrived a week later as they didn’t provide a shipping notice, which they were also supposed to do under their own express policies. There it turned out ok, so I let it go. I will never buy from that retailer again, even when I’m in LA.

Situation above is a little different considering it’s a small and (from what I gather) young winery. Still. Not acceptable.

In these types of situations, if a seller won’t meet an initial commitment that I insist on, I get my credit card company involved. As a practical matter, that ALWAYS resolves the situation in my favor.
Last edited by Jayson Cohen on July 28th, 2018, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#34 Post by larry schaffer » July 28th, 2018, 9:37 am

It does not sound that the winery is trying to fool anyone or trick anyone here. Perhaps they're falling back on the third party a bit, but ultimately, it is their product and their responsibilities.

The last line says it all and I would certainly let them know that you would prefer that the wines be returned to them and shipped at a later date as you had requested.

As I mentioned, it's simply maybe that they are trying to check a lot of things off of their to do boxes before Harvest kicks in. I know I have a tendency to let some of these things slip through the cracks when things get a little crazy, so I can understand that.

How did you find out that the wines for shipping? Did the winery contact you, or the third party, or did you get notice from UPS? If it was either one or two, they have done things better than a lot of other wineries that I know :-)

Keep us posted . . .
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Josh H

#35 Post by Josh H » July 28th, 2018, 10:14 am

I had a similar issue with a very popular winery on this board. I ordered a few wines in their spring allocation and instructed them to hold until weather appropriate, as I live in Fort Lauderdale. They shipped the wines a month later in April, when temperatures were at a steady mid-80s for at least a week prior, and continued to be at that temperature upon arrival and days afterwards. The bottles were somewhat warm to the touch. When I emailed them the response was that shipping to Florida is difficult to judge and that the wines should be okay. That rationale, of course, is ridiculous. A simple check of the forecast upon shipping would’ve revealed that the temps were way too high. The response also indicated that if there’s any issue upon opening, to let them know. That was a better response. I’ve subsequently opened a bottle of semillon and it was perfectly fine. I have two bottles of syrah that I plan on holding for a few years, so we’ll see.

This was from a very reputable winery, so even though the action of shipping was ridiculous and part of the response wasn’t great, I’m satisfied. I have little doubt that they’ll correct the issue if the other bottles taste off upon opening, now that there’s email correspondence to support my initial concern.
Josh Higgins

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#36 Post by larry schaffer » July 28th, 2018, 10:22 am

Josh H wrote:I had a similar issue with a very popular winery on this board. I ordered a few wines in their spring allocation and instructed them to hold until weather appropriate, as I live in Fort Lauderdale. They shipped the wines a month later in April, when temperatures were at a steady mid-80s for at least a week prior, and continued to be at that temperature upon arrival and days afterwards. The bottles were somewhat warm to the touch. When I emailed them the response was that shipping to Florida is difficult to judge and that the wines should be okay. That rationale, of course, is ridiculous. A simple check of the forecast upon shipping would’ve revealed that the temps were way too high. The response also indicated that if there’s any issue upon opening, to let them know. That was a better response. I’ve subsequently opened a bottle of semillon and it was perfectly fine. I have two bottles of syrah that I plan on holding for a few years, so we’ll see.

This was from a very reputable winery, so even though the action of shipping was ridiculous and part of the response wasn’t great, I’m satisfied. I have little doubt that they’ll correct the issue if the other bottles taste off upon opening, now that there’s email correspondence to support my initial concern.
The challenge, of course, is defining an 'off' bottle down the line. And this is where it can get tricky.

My best advice is to keep a paper trail and notes the bottles in some way so you don't forget about the potential issues.

That said, hopefully you will enjoy these immensely :-)
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#37 Post by Bdklein » July 28th, 2018, 11:08 am

I got the email from UPS My Choice . No notification from winery or shipping companies .
Bruce Klein

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#38 Post by larry schaffer » July 28th, 2018, 11:11 am

Bdklein wrote:I got the email from UPS My Choice . No notification from winery or shipping companies .
To me, that's the 'issue'. You had given the winery clear instructions; they had most likely given these to the 3rd party shipper.; 3rd party shipper decided that they saw a window to make it happen; they should have gotten your approval. Period.

Cheers.
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Josh H

#39 Post by Josh H » July 28th, 2018, 11:20 am

larry schaffer wrote:
Josh H wrote:I had a similar issue with a very popular winery on this board. I ordered a few wines in their spring allocation and instructed them to hold until weather appropriate, as I live in Fort Lauderdale. They shipped the wines a month later in April, when temperatures were at a steady mid-80s for at least a week prior, and continued to be at that temperature upon arrival and days afterwards. The bottles were somewhat warm to the touch. When I emailed them the response was that shipping to Florida is difficult to judge and that the wines should be okay. That rationale, of course, is ridiculous. A simple check of the forecast upon shipping would’ve revealed that the temps were way too high. The response also indicated that if there’s any issue upon opening, to let them know. That was a better response. I’ve subsequently opened a bottle of semillon and it was perfectly fine. I have two bottles of syrah that I plan on holding for a few years, so we’ll see.

The challenge, of course, is defining an 'off' bottle down the line. And this is where it can get tricky.

My best advice is to keep a paper trail and notes the bottles in some way so you don't forget about the potential issues.

That said, hopefully you will enjoy these immensely :-)
Definitely! I remain hopeful. At least the first bottle passed the test and was excellent.
Josh Higgins

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#40 Post by Bdklein » July 28th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Seems to me that they did hold until weather appropriate . They felt it was appropriate . Perhaps your instructions weren't specific enough .
Bruce Klein

Josh H

#41 Post by Josh H » July 28th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Bdklein wrote:

Seems to me that they did hold until weather appropriate . They felt it was appropriate . Perhaps your instructions weren't specific enough .
That’s a fair point. I could’ve indicated a desire to hold until the fall/winter.

That being said, I’m not sure how consistent mid-80s temps is considered an appropriate time to ship. There wasn’t an unexpected heatwave from the time of shipping until receipt. Some wineries I purchase from, for instance, indicate they will not ship unless the temp is 76-78 or below in the receiving area. I’m not ITB so I’m not sure what industry standard is.

So, the lesson on my end is to be more specific. Ultimately, the first opened bottle was great, so no issue so far!
Josh Higgins

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#42 Post by Bdklein » July 28th, 2018, 3:33 pm

Josh H wrote:
Bdklein wrote:

That’s a fair point. I could’ve indicated a desire to hold until the fall/winter.

That being said, I’m not sure how consistent mid-80s temps is considered an appropriate time to ship. There wasn’t an unexpected heatwave from the time of shipping until receipt. Some wineries I purchase from, for instance, indicate they will not ship unless the temp is 76-78 or below in the receiving area. I’m not ITB so I’m not sure what industry standard is.

So, the lesson on my end is to be more specific. Ultimately, the first opened bottle was great, so no issue so far!
Glad to hear. Btw I don't think they should have shipped it then. But sometimes I wonder if customers say "where's my wine" so the wineries want to avoid those issues .
Bruce Klein

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by alan weinberg » July 29th, 2018, 8:47 am

stealthily mark the bottle punts w some White-Out. Won’t help someone else but you may get the same bottles back in the fall and it’s an easy check.

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#44 Post by Bdklein » July 30th, 2018, 1:22 pm

alan weinberg wrote:stealthily mark the bottle punts w some White-Out. Won’t help someone else but you may get the same bottles back in the fall and it’s an easy check.
I don't plan on signing for the shipment. It's going to my house .
Bruce Klein

ky1em!ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member

#45 Post by ky1em!ttskus » July 30th, 2018, 1:38 pm

Name the winery.

That response is unacceptable. What temps have they been monitoring? It shipped ground. It's July.

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#46 Post by Bdklein » July 30th, 2018, 1:46 pm

ky1em!ttskus wrote:Name the winery.

That response is unacceptable. What temps have they been monitoring? It shipped ground. It's July.
I probably will once the situation plays out.
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#47 Post by Bdklein » August 1st, 2018, 9:23 am

Winery emailed me back . Package has been recalled . We will touch base in October.

But this still seems odd to me. From the most recent email:

"My shipping company has a good handle on all of the temps and the shipping protection for our wines".

I did previously ask and there was no response regarding protection taken. And temperatures were pretty hot (near 100) during the day when the wine was in California .
Bruce Klein

dougwilder

#48 Post by dougwilder » August 4th, 2018, 12:31 pm

Nate Simon wrote:
James Billy wrote:What are the chances that returned shipments are sold onto some other sucker?
>99%
Curious what you base that statement on, Nate.
itb

Drew Goin

#49 Post by Drew Goin » August 4th, 2018, 1:22 pm

+ 100

I just got a bottle of wine re-shipped by Alquimista Cellars that had been MIA for a while. The situation could have been a real headache, but the staff (particularly the delightful Ms Lisa Gower) remedied the issue.

The two-bottle styro-shipper's "Jessie's Grove" Zin/Field Blend had a still-cool rectangular ice pack accompanying it when it was received. :)

ky1em!ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member

#50 Post by ky1em!ttskus » August 4th, 2018, 10:33 pm

dougwilder wrote:
Nate Simon wrote:
>99%
Curious what you base that statement on, Nate.
Maybe, just maybe, it's this:

Return to “Wine Talk”