Myriad 2018 release 8/7

Release is up. In for round pound, napa, and steltzner.

In for each of the Cabs (and keeping my fingers crossed for wish list).

Two of each NV, RP and Steltzner.

6 Napa
1 Round Pound
1 Three Twins
3 Steltzner

3 Napa
3 Steltzner

Budget did not allow for more.

In for a case IF Mike and Leah grant my wish list!

Looks like Round Pond and Three Twins are sold out already. That was quick. Doubtful the Steltzners will make it through the day.

Just checked and Steltzner is sold out. Looks like three twins is still available to me. Just one bottle though.

Seems crazy to me that the Three Twins is last Cab remaining…imho, always one of Mike’s best.

Dang. Out of town for work and missed.

I refuse to do business anymore with wineries that grant you an “allocation” that sells out in like two hours. Schrader used to do this nonsense but thankfully stopped. Those who are slaves to their email during summer vacation weeks, have at it, I’ve unsubbed… let’s shut out someone who’s been buying from you for five years because they were at the beach with their family for a morning. That’s bullcrap, sorry. I know I’ll have to pay more elsewhere for the same quality but frankly I’d rather do so to sustain a vertical.

Shit happens. Just tell Mike to make 100 more cases of everything than he can sell so you don’t miss out. It’s only money after all. rolleyes

Myriad always sends out a “save the date” email and did so for this release on 7/25 – as a 5 year customer who (presumably) planned this vacation in advance, did you ever even consider emailing them beforehand to inquire about any possible accommodations they could make?

It literally took 30 seconds to order on my phone. If you’re somewhere without internet, I’m sure they could help with accommodations but it’s not hard to place the order online. My order last summer was made from the Ahwanee (or whatever it’s called now).

priorities. make time for shit that matters.

I agree with this. Myriad is extremely respectful toward their customers, and I am 100% sure that if you had reached out to Leah when you got the save the date and realized the conflict, she would have helped you. I am guessing that even after having missed out, if you had emailed or called Leah immediately, she would have tried her best to accommodate you.

It’s OK more great wine for those of us who have time or make the time.

I agree with many of these points. I got the save the date, but had a last minute work trip. Was in a deposition all day, and didn’t look at my phone during lunch. When I finished, I had to run to the airport to catch a flight, and then only noticed/remembered when I got back home. But, I’m more upset with myself than with the winery - they are great people making great wines. Hopefully next time.

There are 3 cab releases a year, not a big deal if you miss one

This is a solid rant and I deeply appreciate it. [cheers.gif]