Walter Scott 2017 release live

2017 La Combe Verte Chardonnay (blend of vineyards) -28
2017 La Combe Verte Pinot (blend of vineyards) -28
2017 Arlyn Vineyard Gamay Noir -28
2017 Cuvee Ruth Pinot (which doesn’t seem to be listed on the order form)

Grabbed “some” chard and some Gamay. Yum
15% discount for 12+ btls

$28 for those chards has gotta be one of the best QPRs for domestic chard i can think of.

I tasted and bought a few of the Gamays on futures at the pre-Memorial Day open house. Although these are all good wines, will wait for the SVDs and Cuvée Anne release to pull the trigger.

In for a mixed case. The gamay was great when we tasted from barrel in April. If there is any left next month I will get some more…

Had a Cuvee Anne sunday afternoon and it was glorious.

Sean

How does one sign-up for their mailing list? Don’t see anywhere on their website where you can input your information to join their allocation list.

http://walterscottwine.com/wine

looks to me like you can place an order on the website no mailing list required

Shipping to the east coast is rough

Looks like shipping is $60 for 6 bottles to NorCal. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

There is zone 1 and zone 2 in the drop down. Make sure to pick zone 1

Would have put in an order if shipping was less; scared me away too.

Ordered a case of chard. Excited for these! [cheers.gif]

$20 for 3 bottles scared me away as well. Wanted to try the Gamay, but probably not worth the extra $7 a bottle.

You get cheaper shipping for 3 bottles from Oregon to Socal? $20 doesn’t seem unreasonable considering I get charged $20 for 3-4 btls from the central coast.

Shipping costs are brutal these days, but you definitely get more bang for the buck on 6 btls or a case. Not to push you, but these are fabulous wines and if $7 is the extra tariff to try them, it’s well worth it. You’ll be happy you did, and also be ready to jump on the vineyard designates when they come out. They are among the best wines in Oregon every vintage.

Fair enough, I know my limits to peer pressure, I’m in for some Gamay. :slight_smile:

$45 for a case shipped to Norcal. Not outrageous but twice the price of Avalon, Vinopolis or Garagiste.

I’d agree on the shipping being a little high, but the 15% case discount makes it a wash and these are still a great QPR. My wife and I love Gamay and I can’t wait to see their interpretation of the variety - in for a mixed 18er of GN, CV chard, and Ruth.

Yeah, shipping is brutal.

I honestly have never tried a Walter Scott. Did some research on Cellartracker–and it seems in line with what I like but I’m getting stuff I like at those price points from great single vineyards with half the shipping costs to Ohio. I also love Gamay–but with shipping, you need to convince me this is as good or better than Bouland, Foillard, and Clos de la Roilette.