Hundred Acre Wraith

So, I have been on Hundred Acres’ list for a while. I passed on Wraith initially, and I can’t find any real reviews of the wine. It’s not being offered again. I’m wondering if anyone has ever had the 2013?

6 “notes” on CellarTracker
1 looking for more info
4 positive notes
1 not as positive yet still gave it a 90

My director/ wine buddy just this morning said that he received an offer for the 2014 Wraith, so it looks like they may continue to offer this blend.

You might want to email Jayson to see if they can offer up some allocation for you…

I Can’t even imagine the $?

$400/ per bottle, minimum three pack. All in a bit shy of $1300 (there is free shipping, which is nice because those boxes weight about 125 pounds).

Maybe another thread- what is the best value in Napa for $400 a bottle. Vice Versa Mag7, Scarecrow, Hundred Acre… Or are these all just splitting hairs. What say you…

Lol, hard to call it a value at $400 a bottle… just line them up and see which one’s the best/for what reason. Realm Absurd probably belongs in this category along with The Lark.

The Lark and the Absurd definitely need to be in the hunt. Touché, hard to see value in $400 a bottle.

Sorry, word correct must have gotten to me. I meant to say it is “NOW” being offered again, not Not. I am just trying to decide whether to buy.

For my money, I’d go with either an Eisele Vineyard (formerly Araujo), or an Abreu wine. Neither trade higher at retail, so you can sometimes get good deals on them.

That Eisele Vineyard sure is sacred ground, definitely worth of top tier pricing. Had the 2006 Araujo a couple months ago, incredible! For my $400, I’m currently voting for Vice Versa Mag 7 in 2016. For 2015, was Hundred Acre Few & Far. A couple others in the hunt that should be mentioned: Tor Kenward Black Magic and Cliff Lede Poetry.

I received an offer today. I’ve never purchased anything from them. There must be some to go around.

Whew, boy. That is pricey. Maybe someday.

Just received an offer for Wraith. Comes as pack of 3 (presumably in owc) for $1200 with free shipping up to 4 allocations (total of 12 bottles) + wish list.

I got the offer too. I did not pass it up. I love the wine.

I have too many $400-$600 bottles of ultra premium, low case production, highly rated Napa Cab at this point. I’m certainly not spending that kind of cash on 92 rated wine because “hundred” is in the name.

Passed

Meaning you love Hundred Acre or Wraith specifically?

Both…lol

Anyone have thoughts on the 2015 Hundred Acre Wraith? Just released and it’s $1,500 (plus tax) for a 3-pack. Thanks

I should not say anything, but when has that stopped me?

Eisele Vineyard is 4 driveways down from me. They showed at the Bassin’s tasting last weekend, next door to me there, too (done alphabetically). A lot of oak - for me - on the Eisele. Taylor, their marketing manager, and I will get together soon to taste each other’s
recent releases. Jayson Woodbridge of Hundred Acre, is a big man, big personality, and big wines. Class operation, but my wines are not like theirs, and 1/4 of the price. We are all neighbors and we all do our own thing.

Funny business we are in.

I don’t know if there is anyone out there who has the balls to actually open either the 13 or 14 Wraith. It might suck but be eminently flippable, or it could be god’s gift to wine, as Woodbridge claims. But he claims that about every wine he makes and his purple prose would make Rimmerman blush.

I am curious as hell. For $400 wines, I buy only Scarecrow and Hundred Acre. I have had one bottle of HA: a 2009 Kayli Morgan that was delicious and full and rich. I finally got offered after a half dozen years on the list and bought some. Money is tighter now and I don’t know that I can justify buying more. With so much exceptional wine from similar vines at 1/2-1/4 the price, I’m not sure it makes sense. I dropped Bond and passed on Harlan, Dalla Valle; Eisele, Colvin and several others. Bought Di Costanzo and Maybach instead.

The sheer volume of aged Napa Cults in the secondary market makes me skeptical of their holding their value. I doubt the bottom will fall out, but I don’t see people chasing after mid-2000’s Harlan in a decade.