HDH Auction info

Hello fellow drinkers,

I’m planning on bidding on some items at the HDh auction tomorrow, however I can’t understand when the auctions for each lot finish. The first lot is opening tomorrow at 6:30a pacific, but how long does each item go for, until no more bids come in like a regular auction or they have a specific end time?

Cheers!

Bidding will go until each lot is done… it’s not timed on a lot-by-lot basis so you need to stay a little bit engaged if you want to monitor real time. I think it’s usually around 150 lots an hour +/- a bit. The mobile app will send you notices when lots you watch are coming up for bid.

You can also just bid ahead of time of course.

I’d just add - HDH moves along quickly so you have to pay attention. I’ve blinked and missed lots I was interested in. The best thing to do is to put your bids in ahead of time and then just see how things turn out. Of course I don’t do that, but I never get sucked into silly over bidding :wink:.

You have typically 15-30 seconds to bid on any item before it hammers

Thanks for the quick responses, folks!

Sounds like a thrill. How does one even bid that quickly on multiple items if the hammer goes down so quickly?

Do most people do max bids and let the system handle it?

It’s only one item at a time. So don’t have to worry about multiples occurring. It’s a live auctioneer conducting It

Ah, that makes sense! Thank you, everyone.

Their app is good too. If you put in bids in advance or watch a lot it will give you a notice on your phone when they are 5-10 before it so you can log in and bid if you want.