Released today, seemed to recall its like $300+ so cant see much demand

Anyone buying ?

petrus without the t?

1 Like

Per Us not Petrus, not a typo

was an attempt at humor
not a great one at that

Looking for another value wine? [wink.gif]

Got the offer this year and last year as wellā€¦Will be passing both times. Have not tried these, but taking a flyer on a $300+ bottle just isnā€™t in my wheelhouse.

Looks like Russell Bevan is the winemaker.

Uh, no, but I bought Per Eva at about a tenth the cost! neener

Anybody buying ?? Iā€™m not buying . just curious

1 Like

i am not

I bought 2x 2016 Alessio, 1x 2017 Alessio, 2x 2016 Janeen, 1x 2017 Janeen and a 3-pack of the Bryn. I opened up one of the Brynā€™s a couple of nights ago. Wow, what a wine. 80% CS from Tench and 20% Merlot from SugarLoaf Mt. It was delicious. Canā€™t go wrong with Russell as the winemaker here. He knows what to do with the juice from Tench!

Just checked with them and for the 2018 they will release a SVD from Houyi at $225 and a new entry level prop Red at $95. Will definitely be buying more.

How do these wines compare to Bevanā€™s own wines in style? Sounds like heā€™s using many of the same vineyards but blending them vs vineyard designates. Curious how they compare.

I found them a bit more approachable / refined. The PerUs wines are made in the bordeaux-style blend, with CS taking the vast majority of the share here as you know. Found them more ā€œelegantā€ or silky, a bit more refined Tannin wise than RBā€™s typical SVD style. I feel like with PerUs he has been able to experiment a bit more by being able to blend grapes rather than doing it for his own brand. I think the wines are pretty good / unique in that sense.

Anyone else with any experience with this wine? I noticed it on ProofLoyalty site and wondered how it compared to Cardinale given that itā€™s in the same ballpark.

Have 3 of the ā€˜16 Armaan ā€” drank one. Impression was great wine, but if Iā€™m planning to spend $350+ on Napa cab, Iā€™d probably go another direction.

I got the 17ā€™ 3-pack Armaan and 3-pack of the Bryn. Still in Cellar, havenā€™t taste yet.

These are on first bottle atm

I suppose better than being on their sister site last bottle. But matter of time? I never even heard of this until I started getting spammed on IG.

The first time ever that this word has been used in the same post with the word Bevan. And I like his wines.

Bought
2 x 2018 Bryn
2 x 2019 Lyla

Will taste in upcoming weeks.