Desire Lines Fall Release - October 2nd

From the September 26th email notification from Cody & Emily Rasmussen’s Desire Lines Wines:

download.png
****"Save the Date:
Desire Lines Fall Release Opens
Tuesday, October 2nd
"We are so excited to announce the date for our second Desire Lines wine release, which will open the morning of Tuesday, October 2nd. At that time, you will receive an email with a link to the wines available for purchase. While the wines will be allocated, we’re not able to guarantee the allocations given the small quantities available. All wines will be available on a first come, first served basis until the release closes at the end of the day on Sunday, October 7th.

"We won’t ever be able to fully express our gratitude for your support of our Desire Lines journey so far. The first release back in April was overwhelming in the best way. It was indescribably exciting and satisfying to get to finally share our first wines with you, and we’re just as thrilled to be back again this fall with two new wines from amazing vineyards:

• 2016 ‘Shake Ridge’ Ranch Syrah, Amador County

• 2017 ‘Evangelho Vineyard’ Red Wine, Contra Costa County

"The ‘Shake Ridge’ Syrah is truly a child of the foothills – exotically perfumed and lighter in color, with firm tannin and a sweet core of fruit that runs through the center of the wine. The ‘Evangelho’ Red Wine, a blend of 95% Carignan and 5% Mourvèdre, is vibrant and juicy, inspired by our love for the great Cru Beaujolais of France (for us, that’s Clos de la Roilette’s Cuvée Tardive and the old-vine single parcels of Château Thivin).

"But the common thread between these two sites is that both are carefully farmed by people near and dear to our hearts—at ‘Shake Ridge’, Ann Kraemer; and at ‘Evangelho Vineyard’, our coworkers at Bedrock—Morgan, Chris, Jake, Sarah, Manuel and others who have spent hundreds of hours tending these vines planted in the 1890’s.

gallery_medium.jpg
"We’ll be filling your inbox with the full stories about these two wines next week. In the meantime, if you’re like Cody and prefer prepping for a wine release by reading as much as possible about the wines while your wife watches Netflix, we recommend this article from Esther Mobley in the San Francisco Chronicle about the ‘incongruous, logic-defying’ ‘Evangelho Vineyard’. We’ve also updated our website to include information about ‘Shake Ridge’, which we’d love for you to check out.

"Love,

“Cody & Emily”

Desire Lines Wines

In!

Here is Lee Barnard’s tasting note for the Desire Lines “Griffin’s Lair” Syrah:

“TN: 2015 Desire Lines Syrah Griffin’s Lair (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)”

Opened one of the rieslings a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it (especially at only $22)…haven’t dared to touch any of the griffin’s Lair yet, but definitely in for these

1 Like

I’m waiting for the email, ready to go.

Agree on that. The price is stellar for what you get. Rounder than what you would get out of Alsace/dry German riesling. I would say it actually marries the richness of fruit in Pradikat wines without the sweetness (or maybe you could say dry riesling without the piercing acidity which allows the fruit to come through more). As the minority who enjoys dry riesling, but thinks even Kabinett is too rich, it was a pleasant wine.

Up on the website, in for 3 of each

Thanks for the heads-up! No email here, either. [berserker.gif]

I’m trying to cut back my buying and don’t need this enabling, but in for 4 bottles, 2 of each.

No email here either. Thanks for the push.

Any thoughts on drinking the Syrah young?

Siun, I tasted the Griffin’s Lair about six months back and it was accessible and delicious. I’m holding back my other two because I see the potential for further development.

Thanks much Mike! off to order!

Matt and Drew, did the release email come through? There have been some issues with Gmail servers this morning; emails are coming through late or getting stuck in spam. It may be getting flagged as spam because I wrote too much content… blahblah [oops.gif]

Reach out to Emily if you’re having any issues; she’s taking care of the phones and email today. If for some reason you miss out on your allocation just let us know, we’ll take care of it. Sorry for the delay and confusion! Thanks for the heads-up on the email glitch.

I also took what they allocated, 3 bots each and wished for 2 more Evangelho’s.

Hmmm, Cody must’ve taken another lesson from MT-P.

I just received my e-mail a few minutes ago although it was sent at 8:05 am this morning. Looks like G-Mail held up the delivery.

Hmm. I’ll be outlining my four paragraph missive in response to this smear! [swearing.gif]

Labels are dope. 'Nuff said.

The label evokes an art-deco nautical vision for me, but I think I have it all wrong!