TN: 2004 Robert Mondavi Winery Fumé Blanc To-Kalon I Block

• 2004 Robert Mondavi Winery Fumé Blanc To-Kalon I Block - USA, California, Napa Valley (10/1/2018)
    Tremendously fresh bottle! Showing much better than the 99 last had…wonderful pitted orchard fruits with that banana skin waxiness, tropical flare…screamin with zesty lemon/lime/grapefruit acidity…and the 73yr old vines showing ALL the hard struggle of age with just amazing chalky, salty, flinty, tensioned energized minerality. The perfect interplay of vibrant ripe fruit and salinity. Pretty florals, smoked lemon grass…little aged honey butter, slight vanilla oak spice…length, persistence, and amazement. (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I haven’t tried the wine, but I’ve eaten grapes from that vineyard. The experience made me really want to try the wine!!!

Cheers,
Warren
B6BB8816-31C9-4A5E-8293-7516BF16A153.jpeg
50BFDA0E-3E71-49AF-AF8E-BFBCE9B368E1.jpeg

Thanks for sharing that one Buzz! The whites were the most interesting, maybe because it’s still summer here.
It was a great evening even though i left before the In n Out run

Man that sounds awesome Buzz. I’ve got one 99 left from the same Winebid stash as yours and Im hoping it drinks well. We’ll see.

Also have an 09 that I’ll probbaly hang on to for a bit. Love to catch it at the same spot as the 04 you just drank!