More Cab from Carlisle!

Apparently the as yet unreleased anniversary Cab is not a one off. As per Instagram Carlisle is now adding Montecillo Cabernet to its portfolio. This is definitely an exciting development, and one I’ve been hoping for for years. [cheers.gif]

excellent

I will be anxious to taste it. Hard to beat Mike’s wines for consistently delicious wine at a fair price.

Very sexy vineyard. I look forward to these wines!

Wanna split a barrel? [cheers.gif]

I know that I am not the center of the universe or anything, but I sometimes worry when my favorite wineries/winemakers start diversifying their portfolio.

It always plays out for the best, but my irrational fear of a loss of focus (for lack of a better phrase) still rears its ugly head…

Best wishes to Mr Officer and company!!!

I love this

Rumor I heard was that the first cabs are really old school California in style. And really good.

That’s the new hot vineyard in Sonoma right now. DiCostanzo is in there now, too. Old vines, small yields.

I remember the old Kenwood Artist Series as being “classic California” style. Recent renditions by Bedrock, Arnot-Roberts and Turley have fit this style as well.

Picked up a few of the bedrocks at kl on sale, excited to try them.

I appreciate the concern Drew but our focus is on old-vine vineyards. We do old-vine Colombard, old-vine Muscadelle, old-vine Gewurztraminer, old-vine Palomino, old-vine Petite Sirah, old-vine Mourvèdre, old-vine Zinfandel, old-vine Alicante Bouschet, old-vine Grand Noir, and until recently, old-vine Semillon. A ton and a half of old-vine Cabernet will not make us lose our focus. If anything, it will sharpen it! [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the fulfillment of my other fear: getting called out by the winemaker!
pileon

Twice in one week, to boot!!

In all seriousness, I am confident that Mr Officer will nail this Cab Sauv without any issues.

Everything I have tasted from Carlisle has been world-class juice, and their new adventures with old vines is always promising!

Certainly wasn’t trying to call you out Drew. My apologies if it came across that way. Was only trying to allay your fears about a loss of focus. We’re doing it because it is our focus! However, I don’t think it will be a Cabernet for everyone. It’s about 13.8% alcohol and has plenty of herbaceousness. My goal was to recreate the Cabernets of the '70s that I cut my teeth on. Many today probably wouldn’t even recognize this as Cabernet as the style has shifted so dramatically over the last couple decades.

This is very exciting! Hopefully there will be enough to go around, as I’ve enjoyed (albeit young) the 2016 Bedrock Montecillo Cabernet, trying to hold off drinking the rest of my stash. I am looking forward to the Carlisle Cabernets!

Mike, When will these be released? Very exciting and looking forward to these.

Barrel taste on pick up day, perhaps Mike?

Excited to see what Mike does with cab!

After this statement I’m super excited to try this!

Damn, I got booted from the list after not purchasing for a couple releases (understandably so). Our tastes have shifted towards smaller scaled wines but this Cab has me very interested again, especially after reading Mike’s comments above.