Las Vegas (moderately priced) food & wine recommendations?

Will be going to Vegas with the family…first time in a long while, so I’m rather out of the loop on the restaurant scene. Would appreciate recommendations for good, moderately priced eats, preferably with decent wine. No particular type of cuisine, doesn’t have to be “on The Strip” or anything. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Lotus of Siam
Very good Thai restaurant off the strip with very good wine list

Has anyone been to Mon Ami Gabi? I have to host a work dinner on a narrow budget.

I dined at Mon Ami last Wed and it is a go to place when friends come into town. Food is pretty good, moderate prices, heavily tilted to steak and fish. They have 1-2 specials every day and some are quite good. Wine list is almost 100% French and reasonable. No trophies, but solid food wines such as Loire, lesser Rhones, Beaujolais, Alsace.

There was a big trade show in town last week (Gaming Expo, slot machines etc.) and many of the better restaurants were fully booked. Mon Ami also had several big groups wearing show badges. You can sit outside at Mon Ami but they don’t take reservations for the outdoor seating. The patio features a view of the Bellagio fountains and the street crowd.

I would add Golden Steer. Really my favorite spot in Vegas.

Old Vegas is alive there. Service is fantastic, food is very good for what it is. Prices are reasonable.

Only problem is wine list isn’t great and also a bit overpriced. They allow corkage for something like $30/bottle. I’ve made a habit of placing an order at Total Wine and More (south end of strip) before I arrive and having my driver stop on my way from the airport. I’m generally not a fan of TW&M but in Vegas options are limited and this particular store has a better assortment than most TW&M. A couple of years ago I was able to use a coupon on a Mon. Etain. I believe I got it for ~$125. Fine by me.

We dined twice at Mon Ami back in May. Very good indeed.

The term “what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” was originally coined to describe what happens to your wallet…

Thanks for the comments on Mon Ami Gabi!

Lotus is really terrific. Especially so at lunch when you are likely to have smaller and more sedate crowds. Wine list is very good and moderately priced. When they aren’t slammed the food is excellent.

Check out Marche Bacchus in Summerlin. The front of the house is a very well curated wine shop where you are sure to find something to your liking. Then bring your bottle to the restaurant in back where they charge a $10 corkage fee. The food is well prepared French Bistro fare.

marchebacchus.comm

If you like Riesling, Lotus of Siam is heaven. The food is great Thai food and the Riesling list is huge.

I finally made it to the Bootlegger on S. Las Vegas Blvd my last trip; Italian food + steak, good service, family-friendly, etc.

My favorite funky places for food, beer/wine are Carson Kitchen and the Kitchen at the Atomic.

Highly recommend Hash House a GoGo. Known for twisted farm food. I did a similar post to yours years ago and someone recommended it. They opened a second one apparently. Portions the size of the table, great prices, excellent food not trendy. Don’t remember the wine. Call and ask.

Also if you are not from the west coast In and Out Burger!!

Another vote for Lotus of Siam. Memorable meal and riesling at the original place a few years ago.

Giving this thread a “bump,” as our trip was cancelled and rescheduled for a few weeks from now. Any additional recommendations?

Lotus of Siam FTW!

+1

I’d add Andiron, but its way off the Strip. Solid, not great wine list, and at times great Bourbon list (some of the hard to find bottles).

Also, way off the Strip as well, in Henderson, Todd’s, incredible wine list last we went, SQN, Dehlinger, etc, and at decent prices for a restaurant.

Bank, formerly of Chada and LoS, just opened a new place called Lamaii. Look into the reviews. Brian Bohr said he was going soon so maybe he’ll give a report.

I organized a dinner for 30 at Lamaii in early February, during their soft opening period. Food was great. I’ll be going back in May.