Littorai Special offer

I am a huge Littorai fan today I got an offer to buy this special offer
2012 Hirsch Block Selection Retrospective
The 2012 Hirsch Block Selection Retrospective includes one bottle each of :
2012 Hirsch Vineyard Block 15 - 777 Pinot Noir
2012 Hirsch Vineyard Block 6 - 114 Pinot Noir
2012 Hirsch Vineyard Block 6 - Pommard Pinot Noir
2012 Hircsh Vineyard Pinot Noir (the original release)

Please refer to your offer email which contains the link to the tasting notes.
Limit two 4 packs per person.
Price $600.00

What do you think?
TIA

Just my worthless opinion - if you want to understand the nuances of Hirsch Vineyard, buy the different Hirsch Winery wines on release. They are not cheap, but they are not $150 a bottle.

That’s pricey, IMO, as someone who’s bought a fair amount of Littorai. Love the wines, but not the very steep past vintage bottle pricing they offer from time to time.

Hmm, very interesting. Did this come from Littorai? I wonder why I didn’t get it …

I opened a Littorai 2012 Hirsch this year (from magnum) and it was very good. No detailed notes but solid representative of the vineyard and producer. Above average density and structure, but that’s typical for this vineyard. Open but a bright future ahead.

Also FYI I’ve tasted through the Hirsch bottlings from Hirsch vineyards several times over the years and never been that impressed. Ted Lemon/Littorai get so much more out of this fruit!

I am sure that this is a limited release and is initially targeted at customers who are with Littorai the longest.

Did you pick up one of the two offering? Taste them yet? Thoughts?

I bought them. Haven’t opened yet but looking forward to trying them

Bumping this is light of the Littorai special offer today. Haven’t bought off the list before, what do these typically go for on release?

They go for $70-$90

Littorai library offers are nothing but an overpriced, greedy money grab. I like the wines, but what they are asking for a bottle with less than a handful of years vs release price is ridiculous.

This

Ted and Heidi Lemon are greedy. Got it. You learn something on the internet every day.

The Littorai dinners I’ve attended, where library wines were poured generously, were clearly an aberration.

Exactly, and thank you for saying this. I find it hard to read of people being awful to friends. Sitting with Ted as he walks you through several years of a wine or shares magnums of stuff that few will ever see, I can say nothing but good about him and Heidi. Prices are funny, they impact different people different ways dependent on income, interest, etc. My take is it is a lucky thing to gain access to their library at all, and after that if the cost fits your wallet then enjoy. No need to speak poorly of a very nice and dedicated couple.

1 Like