Suggestions for Barcelona area wineries and Champagne Houses

I will be traveling to Barcelona for a week right after Christmas and wanted to know if anyone had any winery suggestions to visit? Right now I am looking in the Priorat region, but am also open to other suggestions.

We will also be traveling to Paris after that and will be visiting Champagne, so please pass along suggestions for this as well!

TIA

Diebolt-Vallois and Marc Hebrart in Champagne, for a quality grower champagne tasting experience. Also check out one of the Grand Marque cellar tours - Taittinger is very cool.

We did two big winery cellar tours in Champagne this summer - Ruinart and Taittinger. Both make great wines and loved both tours. That said, they were both in Reims, which seemed like kind of a dull town - not at all like Beaune or even Bordeaux. So, if you have a car and can drive to Reims, I recommend visiting both, but then going elsewhere in Champagne.

In Paris, love two wine bars - Juveniles and Frenchie’s Wine Bar. Also like Willi’s Wine Bar (certainly worth going there to eat and buy a poster or two) but overall I like the other two better.

Don’t have an winery suggestions around Barcelona, but for a restaurant there really liked a restaurant there called Montiel.

I was in Priorat in September. It might be snowing and cold in January but the scenery will still be beautiful. Our tour/tasting at Clos Mogador was extraordinary, touring the hillside vineyards in a hippie VW van then a tour through the winery and a very informative but low key tasting. As one of the original “big 5” that began the Priorat revival in the 70’s there is interesting history too.
Depending on how deeply you want to get into the area I recommend a book “Priorat” by Miquel Hudin who is/has been a guide there for some time( and started working in the wine business at Inglenook, Napa, in the 90’s). There is a paperback version as well as a attractive eBook version.

Second the recommendation for Montiel - was just there. I also really enjoy Monvinic for the wine bar and bites (have never sat in the actual restaurant). Also no suggestions for wineries near Barcelona.

I third Montiel. It is fantastic.

Also go to Bar Mut.

And, if you have an adventurous food palate, check out Dos Pebrots. But similarly no winery suggestions.

Since you are traveling to Barcelona and love Champagne, I suggest a visit to Recaredo Cava, in the Barcelona suburb of Anoia, terrific all Gran Reserva sparkling wine, beautiful tour, and friendly people.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Highly recommend Raventos i blanc, less than an hour away from Barcelona. Their sparklers are really good.

I’d go to Penedes for Cava and if headed to Priorat see Scala Dei. I’ll dig up the restaurant we ate at, but it was small with a deep list of Priorat wines.

+1 to Recaredo and Raventós i Blanc, both great places. Agusti Torelló Mata another house well worth a visit.

We visited the Rioja area this summer, a little far from Barcelona ( 3 hours) - and stayed near LaGuardia - visited many great wineries in the area - most notable Ysios Roda and Lopez De Heredia ( if you can get in)…Beautiful area to visit and stay for a night or two. As far as Champagne - Ive been told that if you stay at Jaques Selosse hotel - you get Selosse free flowing at the bar, and a tour ( but have not confirmed this, but this is on my wish list for sure!! - Have fun, sounds like a great trip - Leah and Mike