Lodi Wineries and Wines that you Enjoy?

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are going to be in Napa for a few days doing some tours and press for MormonWineSnobs (Instagram and Blog) and we will be traveling down to Lodi on our way to Fresno for a concert.

Does anyone have any recommendations for boutique and more specialized wineries in the Lodi area that you enjoy? I see Michael David is there and we could stop there but would rather find something a bit more boutique and smaller.

Thank you!

Jessie’s grove

Klinker Brick

Bokisch would be my top pick in the Lodi area. They specialize in wines from Iberian grape varieties. St. Amant is another strong recommendation, and I’ve been impressed with Fields Family as well. Others worth checking out include Acquiesce (specializing in white Rhônes), Riaza, Klinker Brick, and Jeremy.

FWIW, a write-up on a day-trip to Lodi wineries a little over two years ago:
Lodi Wine Country - June 2016

They were definitely one of the highlights for me - the Albarino, Tempranillo and, especially, the Graciano.

Michael

1 Like

Bokisch.
Riaza.

Thanks for all your suggestions! I’ll check it out…

I’ve also heard good things about Fields Family, but haven’t personally tried.

Highly recommend Lucas, both the wines and as a visit.

Long aging zins in more of a Ridge style, good Chardonnay with some restraint. The zins can be a little tough to evaluate in their youth, you have to taste them for potential to some degree.

Were I to go to Lodi, I’d be most interested in visiting Mokelumne Glen Vineyards. http://www.everyvine.com/org/Mokelumne_Glen_Vineyards/vineyard/mokelumne_glen_vineyard/

Hatton-Daniels, for one, does some really interesting, low alcohol versions of blaufrankisch, zweigelt and dornfelder from these vineyards. All sustainably farmed. I’ve found a blaufrankisch in NJ that I like better, but the H-D one is very good also.