Great customer service from K&L wines

I had purchased two bottles of 96 Leflaive clavoillon from them a month ago. They delivered it (free local delivery! Another plus) last week and I opened it a couple days ago.

Bottle was completely shot. Beyond premox/oxidiation - just the most disgusting stewed mushroom I’ve ever tasted/smelled in a white burgundy. Cork was completely saturated and white mold on top. The bottle had seen better days.

I sent them a message via their online support system this morning, hoping to return the second bottle and maybe get credit for the first. Got a call a few hours later from a representative that they’ll come to my office to pick up the unopened bottle (saving me a trip!) and credit me for both.

Now that’s speedy and hassle free customer service!

Doesnt hurt that your a moderator on the biggest wine forum in US

Just saying

Fu gets star treatment everywhere, but he’s right about K&L.

Great story Charlie, and v nice to hear. IMO K&L has always been awesome about customer service

That’s good to know because a bottle of 2008 Roagna Barbaresco I recently purchased seemingly has the cork protruding a few mm. I asked if this indicates the bottle was mistreated when I picked it up at the store. The clerk said it was more likely to be a bottling issue, the wine is fine.

So let’s see. Bottle was not $200+ like Leflaive though, but would expect them to take it back if flawed.

I might have to test the local delivery soon.

I assume we aren’t talking about auction wines here. Correct?

yeah, retail.

I only wish it were the case. I’d say most of the people I meet in the wine community have no idea who/what Wineberserkers is.

FWIW I once won something at a K&L auction that had a cork that was ever so slightly protruding (say half a millimeter if that). I refused to take delivery and they didn’t give me any trouble at all - took it back and reversed the charge on my credit card within days. It was an awesome experience, although I think that’s as much as can be reasonably expected for auction unless a bottle turned out to be fake etc

Those people just don’t want to admit they voted to have you impeached as moderator [wow.gif]

It’s great. Used it twice so far. It’s delivered next day in a 2 hour window. Zero complaints.

I have all of Todd’s dirty laundry, i’m here forever!

He makes me wash them cause i’m chinese.

What’s your secret?

Well except Mount Eden Vineyards [stirthepothal.gif] neener

You know, it’s funny. Until this thread I’ve never even noticed he’s a moderator.

It’s ancient .

newhere newhere

And that you only live a few miles away from their store…

Say something remotely political and you’ll feel the wrath come down upon you like the gavel of a judge announcing a life sentence! neener