Update-Fake News: Domaine Leroy sells to LVMH for $1B???

Through the rumor mill on Facebook. Does anyone have confirmation?

Wow

April Fools?

I reached out to Greg Castells, I’ll find out tomorrow morning.

her Maison Leroy cellar contains over a million bottles. At “just” $250 per bottle, there’s a quarter billion. Wonder if those are included.

Wow, I am trying to picture that.

LVMH?

Louis Vuitton - Moët Hennessy

The owners of Yquem, Krug, Dom Perignon, Veuve Clicquot, Clos des Lambrays, and others:

Also known as the handbag company that hired the soulless cretins who ruined Ardbeg.

I guess you CAN argue with success.

Dan Kravitz

Well, don’t have to worry about LVMH jacking up the prices…if they are in the stratosphere already, who cares if they go up more?

Is the rumored price a surprise?

Would that be billion $$?

Edit: silly me, with my bad eyes read the title as $18 $$$$

If the Leroy purchases start showing up as “Louis Vuitton” on my credit card statement, this may work out well…

For a little while.

If true, the valuation would seem apropos

What did they do to change Ardbeg?

What Leroy wine sells for as little as 250,other than borgogne blanc and rouge ?
I would guess her average bottle in inventory is worth 600-800.
10 yrs ago when she sold the 120 cases of 62 La Romanee, they sold for 500 a piece, today they would sell for 3,000 per and if sold at auction in HK , probably much higher.

Dear All,

I have spoken in length with Lalou Bize Leroy during lunch time (I was at the Domaine this morning).
She has asked me to do a press release in this board to clarify the matter.

The domaine and the negoce of LEROY has never been for sale and is not going to be for sale anytime in the future.
They have never received any offer from LVMH and they are not seeking for any offer.

Madame Bize Leroy is particularly unhappy about these rumours which are not true and wish this stops immediately.

Best regards,

Julien FROGER
L’IMPERATRICE LTD.

The Japanese have a stake in the Domaine?