3. 2016 Le Vieux Donjon, CdP
  4. 2015 Colene Clemens Dopp Creek Pinot Noir, Chehalem Mountains, OR
  5. 2016 Aubert Chardonnay, Larry Hyde and Sons, Careros, CA
  6. 2008 Dom Perignon Legacy Edition
  7. 2005 La Rioja Alta 890 Gran Reserva
  8. 2015 Castello do Volpaia Chianti Classico Riserva
  9. 2015 Canon La Gaffeliere
  10. 2015 Sassicaia

Overall, I think they picked some wines that I really agree with this year. I don’t think it’s a bad list at all
  1. 2016 Le Vieux Donjon, CdP
  2. 2015 Colene Clemens Dopp Creek Pinot Noir, Chehalem Mountains, OR

I’m particularly pleased to see Colene Clemens at #7, not only does Steve make tremendous wine, but my wife works there. :slight_smile: She’s going to be busy this next week.

Wow, very cool to see Colene Clemens on there!! I’m not familiar with that vineyard/bottling but curious to try it!

Like all their other Pinot noir bottlings, it is all estate fruit. This bottling is targeted to the wholesale market, and isn’t tasted/offered openly in their tasting room, though you can buy it direct either from their website or in the tasting room if you’re there.

I think Envoyer still has this wine available 26.99
Just checked, sold out. blush

congrats to her!

Havent heard of them before either. will have to try and seek them out

Glad I bought my 2016 Le Vieux Donjon CDP when I did! Bottles currently in transit from Envoyer.

I have a friend who works there too :grinning:. Haven’t tried the wine yet though.

It seems like there is typically a thread speculating what #1 will be, but haven’t seen one this year. Any guesses?

A fanfare for the common man.

I think wine #1 works in rotation. Are we due for a Sauternes or Spatlese this year?

I was kinda figuring this would be that thread! haha

I wouldnt be surprised is we see a 2015 Bordeaux or a 2013 Italian wine take the top spot this year.

5% off with 6 bottles and still on their site as of now:
https://www.coleneclemens.com/product/2015-Dopp-Creek-Pinot-noir-Copy
(edit: 2016 not 2015)

Except for #'s 1 and 2, this list will have zero long-term impact on price/value (and even then, with enough time, the impact is sometimes nil). For lower-production wines, it may have an impact on availability. None of this should apply to your Vieux Donjon.

I was guessing '15 Beaucastel (97pts) or Clos des Papes (98pts) for WOTY, but not likely with another CDP already in the top 10. '13 Luigi Pira Barolo Serralunga (95pts, $39) was also on my shortlist given their usual criteria.

It had a pretty big impact on the 3 palms.

I’m not buying to flip. Glad I got them now because of worry they won’t be available later, and because future vintages may be priced higher. This is one of the few CDP I like that is still priced quite well.

Unfortunately I did not have access to the '16 Aubert, Larry Hyde and Sons. Earlier this year I had a '15 (not sure of the vintage exactly) Aubert CIX that was spectacularly complex and balanced. In consideration for 2018 WOTY.

I just purchased and received the 2016 Colene Clemens Dopp Creek Pinot Noir which is what is available at the winery. It is also available nationally at a very good price (about $25). I hope it is as good as the 2015.
-Ken McLeroy

They still have to squeeze in a Bordeaux and Sassicaia (which is my guess for #1).

There’s nothing good about any wine I like ending up on this gratuitous shit show.