Anyone cool wine trades lately?

Always fun to trade wine with like minded collectors. I know trading wine isn’t as big in the wine world as the beer world but I know people are definitely swapping fun wines together. Amazing way to share wine with others. Sometimes you get extra of a certain wine and you know someone else got extra of a wine you liked. Just wine collectors appreciating each other’s taste and sharing fun wines for everyone to try.

Just recently traded some gonon st Joseph for Keller abstde. My friend wanted some more gonon and i wanted more Keller! We both had extra and everyone left happy!

Also a grand cru swap of 16 dujac clos st Denis for 16 dujac clos de la Roche through Instagram.

Country squire alfert and I swapped 13/12 juge. He had no bottles of 13 so now he has a bottle! Helping out a friend!

Great way to build friendships too!

I’d love trade some 12 Allemand Reynard for either 10 or 13. Would do even for 13, would add money or wine for 10.

Daniel recently swapped me 2013 and 2015 Juge for 1990 Verset. Glad to have the help to build a little vertical :slight_smile:

Traded some old Port for newer Burgundy.

I was the other end of the Dujac trade mentioned above, and it was a first for me. I got to know C Fu, which was great, and got a bottle I missed out on upon release. Maybe time for a “Swap Meet” section?

Traded some wine for Hamilton tickets

Now that’s a good trade!

I traded three bottles of wine for a Xbox one! :smiley:

Trade pending for a bunch of 2001 J. J. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett. I’m giving up a couple of bottles of Napa Cab.

Buecker, trade me a Gonon VV for one of my 2014 Juge!

Uhh…no.

If that friend of yours wants more Gonon, please send them my way…I’ll gladly trade for more Keller wines.

Fu rated it a 101!

Doug & I have always traded wines around this time of year just as a fun way to share something unique and special. Last year he traded me a 2015 Carl Lowen 1896 and I traded him a 2014 Domaine Roulot Monthélie. Each year it’s fun to try to find/select something that will be enjoyed or expose him to a new producer. I’ve always enjoyed the trading and it’s been VERY fun to pick and get something new or unique.

Recently traded a couple bottles of Valentini Montepulciano for Rousseau and a bottle of Juge for a few bottles of Egon Mueller.

I really wish someone would trade me 2013 Juge for 2014 Juge!

Ha. He had spotted some 16 Keller abstde at his local retailer. He knew i was a fan and he wasn’t. I asked him to pick it up for me. He asked if I’d rather trade some 16 gonon for it.

My cost on the gonon was $65/$69 which was just about the same price combined as cost of one of the Keller.

Win win for everyone. No shipping involved to Maine :stuck_out_tongue:

My best trade ever back in the day was two bottles of 1998 Brunel CNdP Cuvée Centenaire — this was a very hyped wine on release — for a bottle of 90 Ramonet Ruchottes and a bottle of 93 Mugneret Clos Vougeot. I admit that I bought the Centenaire, for which I had a source at a good price, purely as trade bait.

Ummmm. That doesn’t qualify as “lately” I suppose.

Traded an '85 Mouton and a 05 Giacosa Falletto for a Hibiki 17 recently; I think the other guy got the better end of that bargain, especially since it was a Japanese bottling and only 700ml, which was not mentioned at the time.

Also a grand cru swap of 16 dujac clos st Denis for 16 dujac clos de la Roche through Instagram.

Curious why, Charlie, I have some of the former and have heard good things about it, tried and didn’t love or just wanting to diversify?

I only had one bottle of the clos de la Roche allocated to me. So I was hoping for a little more!

Both I’m sure are amazingly lovely wines. Hence wanting both :smiley:

Where did he find Keller Absterde for $69? Crush offered 2016 for $170.

Sounds like he means 2:1