A Week in Northern Rhone 12/18 - From CT

Stumbled across this recent, very well done (Alan Rath quality) write-up on a trip to Northern Rhone, hitting many board favorites like Jamet and Gonon:

https://www.cellartracker.com/event.asp?iEvent=40322&searchId=9ACE8238%23selected%253DW1146465_1_K211d0c8d0d0635018e1ac8f13f6172c0

We need to get this guy on WB.com!

[cheers.gif]

That would be a pretty great visit! And very well written, yeah!

Fantastic trip and report.

Who is nyccablover in real life (unless she doesn’t want to be known beyond the pics)?

we are thinking about a trip to this region next year, so thanks for sharing

It was a nice read. I think I buy from half the producers he some about during his travels. It makes me want to plan a trip.

Awesome notes. Thanks for posting this.

He participates in the CT forum and a number of WB know him.

Well shoot, Brig, tell him he hath been summoned!!!

We need more Rhône hyping, I mean, we need more passionate folk!

FIFY
(although it’s really wife and husband)
They brought Fourrier, Quintarelli, Rayas, and bunch of other crazies to the Charleston Offlineorama in Sept.
I told them they had to step up their game next year. champagne.gif

Thanks for the shout out - I am glad you liked the trip summary. Comparison to Alan Rath’s report is high praise indeed. I studied his write up in detail befor planning our trip. I lurk on this board pretty regularly but am not really much of a poster. Have to say I am a big fan of your notes on here too!

Greg K, Jayson, DanielS, Travis, Matt, brig - thanks for the nice words.

Happy to share any info with anyone planning a trip of their own.

As Scott points out though I am the gal in the pictures - my better half (the charming guy in the red coat) enjoys wine but does not geek out about it. Good thing he supports me in my hobby and agrees to vacations where we taste wine all day. Not as many women in this hobby though - so totally understand why you all assumed I was a guy:-)

Awesome, Maire!

Hope to see you and your husband posting more. Your notes and commentary are outstanding.

Cheers!

Robert

Maire you are lucky. I have to work to get my wife to visit a winery during a trip.

It’s been Maire cornering the N. Rhône market this entire time. Fu was just a cut-out! [snort.gif]

Really enjoyed that travelogue Marie. Great descriptions and pics, well done!

I’d love to set up something similar, though perhaps a bit shorter/less comprehensive. Sounds like you did 2 or 3 visits per day? Was that a fairly relaxed pace without having to rush from one to the next? Are the properties close enough not to worry about location when setting up the order of appointments?

I see some of the places had retail shops attached. Did most of the others offer current (or past) releases for sale?

[cheers.gif] I fixed my post!! Thanks again.

Excellent write up!

Great write up Maire, probably one of the best I have read, indeed, better than most I have purchased. Makes me want to repeat your trip. I am smitten by so many of the wines/wineries you describe, having drunk well less than half of them!

Also high praise, glad it was helpful.

Enjoyed reading your report and tasting notes immensely, thanks for taking the time to put it together! Particularly useful to get some first hand reports on the 2016 vintage, and a few wines to track down.

Thanks again Maire, and hope you’ll post here more often.

Cheers

Excellent review. I am going to use your notes for a trip. Last year, we did CDP. We have an apartment in Nice on the Promenade and use it as a base for trips to areas such as N. Rhone. Your notes will make a difference. Thank you.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing.