Drink that shitty wine night for Laura's House/Falltacular Through 1/27/19 LAST CALL

In allegiance with the Cellartracker lowest scored wine in your cellar thread I propose we get that shit out of our cellars and drink it. I mean, what are we waiting for, it’s not like it’s going to get any better right?

How about first pour of this coming weekend or somewhere therein? With notes posted to this thread? I’ll donate $10 per note to a pool and then at the end of the weekend I will total the pool and donate wine of that value to the Falltacular Silent Auction. $15 per note that includes a pic of your pouring it down the drain.
It’s a win/wine/win situation. We all get rid of that bottle that is dragging our accumulative cellar rating down and at the same time help a person/persons who is/are suffering from Domestic Abuse. So grab that shitty wine and lets have a party!

Edit:
I have extended this through Sunday 1/27/19. Stop dragging your feet and post a freaking note already.

Will the donation go up if the note includes a picture of the wine being dumped down the toilet?

$15

I might have a crap or two.

Cull party!

Post the link. I neglected to donate last year! Great idea, great cause supported so generously by FMIII.

PS. I’ll donate money so that I don’t have to drink shitty wine.

Brian, thank you for doing this effort and for your generosity. You’ve evolved into a true advocate for the Falltacular family and Laura’s House, and I appreciate you for it. Thanks again, buddy.

Alf, which link do you want? We have one that shows people everything that is in the event next month (dynamic link too as I update it every few days as stuff gets committed), which is this one: Dropbox - Falltacular - Simplify your life. You want to open the Event File that is in Excel, which has the tabs that lists everything.

Or the link for Laura’s House, which is this one: https://www.laurashouse.org/

Lowest rated by what standard?

Great idea! I’m in. I will be regretfully drinking “Fonda Real” “White wine” - product of Spain, no vintage given.

It was part of a biz gift basket received for Christmas 2017, so I’ve been stalling for over a year trying to figure out what to do with it.

All this cursing is bullshit.

I’ll do my best. I have a bunch with no scores yet in CT. The two lowest are pending delivery. Next up is a low end, 2005 Burgundy i got from Garagiste. I tried it in 2014 and wrote in the note I should lay off it for another 4-5 years. So perfect timing with an avg score of 86 pts.

Best note for this wine:

Funky, mushroomy nose. Thick and concentrated with a sour finish. I drank a glass and dumped the rest of the bottle.

82pts

[give_heart.gif]

Although it has no ratings in CT, my clear loser is a gifted 2016 Pennsylvania “Proprietary White Blend” with no description of what is in the blend. Hopefully this qualifies because I’m sick of looking at it.

Cellartracker community score. Or, like mentioned upthread, something you’re tired of looking at because you don’t want to drink it because it sucks. Relative in comparison to the rest of your cellar of course. [wink.gif]

I might show up with all my MI wines. Just don’t want them dragging me down.

I don’t want to see any of this crap show up in the Silent Auction next month. [help.gif] [rofl.gif]

Mixed case of bargains donated by C. Whetstone. Avg CT score of 87.2 pts!
Starting bid of $50.
Thanks for supporting Laura’s House!

[highfive.gif]

I am up for it. It looks like I will be sucking this down this weekend: 2010 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Chouacheux Domaine Gagey

CT 84.5

How bad can a LJ be?

Okay I will start this shitty thread off by first apologizing for my love of toilet humor and my immaturity, long live Mark B’s toilet humor thread flirtysmile

Here it is a 1995 Qinta Do Poco Lobo Bairrada from Portugal. This is a foul sour mess with the only fruit being rotting strawberry and very sour cranberry, has good color and good acid tho… [wow.gif] Have no idea why I bought two bottles of this other than I thought it was cool a flash site might have a good aged wine from Protugal uggh.

Also I am in for $5 per note and $15 for every thunder bucket dumping pic. Gotta love what Laura’s house does!

Whoops looks like I don’t read instructions very well! I will delete and repost if you want me to Brian…

Whoops looks like I don’t read instructions very well! I will delete and repost if you want me to Brian…

I guess you’ll just have to open that second bottle on Friday!

Also, this toilet thing is going to look much worse with red wine…

How much of it do we actually have to drink? That’s the crux of the issue here.

Mine is 2010 Domaine Roger Belland Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Morgeot Clos Pitois Rouge at 85.5. Three notes, two scores. A 78 with no note and a 93 with a note. This doesn’t feel like it meets the spirit of the OP, because I’ve had it, and it doesn’t suck.

Next up would be NV Boisset Saint-Reine Blanc de Blancs Brut at 85.9. 15 notes. I think this is my wine.