TN: 2013 Rhys Chardonnay Alpine Vineyard

2013 Rhys Chardonnay Alpine Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (1/16/2019)
Spicy, packed with citrus, then transitioning to a more tropical fruit expression in the mid-palate, this is drinking very well right now. I had the bottle of the course of two nights, and it held steady, so no rush if you can’t get to it, but if you can, do. It’s delicious. now.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note, David. I’ve been pondering opening this lately but didn’t want to jump the gun.

Opened tonight. Seconding David’s thoughts. My note from CT:

Light gold color. Enticing aromatics covering the spectrum of pithy citrus fruit, crushed sandstone, acacia flower, old cedar, hazelnut, gingerbread and savory spices. Rich texture on the palate unwrapping layers luscious citrus fruit along a melange of secondary notes consistent with the aromatics. Very nice density and weight. Give it a little air and the acid integrates beautifully. Finishes with fine structure and excellent length. Very early secondary stage, still very youthful, showing beautifully.

Glad you enjoyed it. When to drink a wine is so subjective. I am happy I did not steer you in the wrong direction.