TN: 2005 Arcadian Pisoni Pinot Noir

I haven’t posted a tasting note on this board in years, but this wine is deserving. The nose has beautiful notes of spice and red fruits. This is a wonderfully balanced delicate and elegant wine. Red fruits, cinnamon and five spice on the palate. The wine is in a beautiful place right now. There is nothing tired about it. I only wish that I had kept a few more in the cellar.

Wonderful note.

So much talk about these on here. How does one go about purchasing these fabulous specimens?

I can’t seem to find a direct link on their website.

Chris,

You have to call or email them. Irritating? Sure, could be. But worth it? Yes.

I believe Joe thinks the 2005 Pisoni is his best ever from this vineyard…

TTT

Which vintage would get your vote, Paul?

I think my vote would be 2000, but not entirely sure. It’s like picking your favorite child.

I picked up a couple bottles from a board member a few months ago, took it to an offline and it was a hit. Didn’t take notes but Jan’s note brings back the fond memory of tasting it. Glad I have one more left!

That 2000 is a beauty but my vote goes for the 2005…

TTT

High praise … very cool. [cheers.gif]

Nice to read the experiences of others with this wine. Most of the Arcadian wines in my cellar I’ve had within 5-10 yrs of release. This experience shows that patience is rewarded.

If you sign up for the Grand Cru membership (Joe’s only one), he’ll send you older vintages pretty routinely. Joe is a great guy and I enjoy spending time with him. I think his wine is vastly undervalued for the price.

Spicy creosote, black cherry and forest floor on a young lively nose. Still a young wine on the palate with coiled blackberry fruit, lots of acidity and a long crisp finish. Lovely wine, it should pick up more complexity with some more time in the cellar. I won’t open another for 3-5 years.